All Topics / Value Adding / to change or not to change?

Register Now for My Free Live Training Series!
Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Profile photo of umeume
    @ume

Hi guys, I recently bought this house and thinking of some renovating.

i know sometimes how much you do depends on the location but just generally speaking what do you think on the following in regards to value adding, is it worthwhile:

1. the bathroom, toilet and shower cubicals joined together to form a new bathroom

2.extend the current living room to the left to make a larger living room.

3. move the kitchen or not?

thanks guys   

Profile photo of yarposyarpos
    @yarpos

what percieved problem are you trying to solve?…..how would this changes add significant value?…its hard to tell from a plan

re the ideas..

1.  personally I am not sure combining those areas in a 4 bedroom home is a good idea.  With lotso people traffic they can be used separately  e.g. shower is not blocked cause the toilet is in use … or vice versa

2.  maybe but there are already three living areas.  I guess more space is usually better

3.  move the kitchen to where? for what purpose?

why not just freshen up kitchen/bathrooms…or extend the deck to a large covered outdoor area…great for a family

good luck with your project

steve

Profile photo of MillyMilly
    @milly

Well I'd be getting some costings and at the moment tradies can ask plenty.

I'ts a nice big house anyway, Would the rent be any different if you made these changes? What would be the capital growth if you made those changes? Would there in fact BE any cap growth. Ask an agent.

Personally I'd be putting hte money toward depost on new IP

Profile photo of umeume
    @ume

point taken yarpos, perhaps it is better to leave the 4 separate cubicals alone, it just wont be very pleasing to the eyes, will try to do what i can.

As to the reason why i want to extend family room to the left is because right now the family room, lounge, and dining room mite be a good size when all added up but by themselves, it makes the rooms feel very small. so i was thinking by extending the family room to the left, it'll result in a larger living room that would be more spacious and structurally better and i can turn the dining and lounge room into 2 rooms say a guest room and a games room. that way it should add value to the house balancing the costs of the extension, roughly speaking.

the kitchen is small as it is and enclosed, but to move would cost a lot so will try to 'freshen up' for now.

hey milly,

yeah i'll definitely ask the agents about those questions, however, do they charge you or give the information willingly as they want to secure a potential vendor?

thanks guys

pat

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. If you don't have an account, you can register here.