All Topics / Value Adding / Inground Pool

Register Now for My Free Live Training Series!
Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Profile photo of lilyhutchlilyhutch
    @lilyhutch

I am after advice on installing an inground pool. It seems much cheaper to subby it out as opposed to buying a package. For a 7 x 3.5m pool installed the package cost is around $36k! Anyone done this successfully before? Apprciate your advice.

Profile photo of mackarmackar
    @mackar

my pool cost that but…. it is 9 x 5.5m with 'scheer descent' water feature, 2 x led lights 1.5 m out of ground  at rear as the block drops away, so had to be boxed & retained… I'd be getting another quote or three???

personally I would always use a pool builder as it is then covered under  "spasa" & you have guarantees.. it probably would be cheaper to do it yourself but  depends if you can get the trades…its up to you.

our pool was finished in a month.. as we weren't building a new house we didn't have to wait til the house was finished to pebblecrete the pool… it doesn't have to take 3 or 6 months to build.

which state/territory are you in????

Profile photo of lilyhutchlilyhutch
    @lilyhutch

I am on the ACT border. Thanks for the reply – I am considering finding a pool builder and offering him cash,
    Cheers

Profile photo of MillyMilly
    @milly

I got a pool put in last year. It is kidney shaped so 9m  long x  3.5 and 5m wide.  Was a good time to buy in brisbane cos with the water restrictions the pool industry was doing it tough. I got the pool with fence for 33k and a further 4k for the solar heating. . The solar means we can swim most of the year and with 4 boys and their hundred mates, it is great entertainment. Thoroughly recommend the solar panels.

Incidently I asked a local agent if there was any increase in value with a pool. They  told me it adds about 10k so that was a bonus for me.Not sure about Canberra tho.   I guess in canberra you  could use it as a skate rink in winter

Profile photo of lilyhutchlilyhutch
    @lilyhutch

Just came back from Brissie and have the bug to head north again! Skate rink is a great call – might help to reduce the costs a lttle!

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. If you don't have an account, you can register here.