All Topics / Help Needed! / Offer conditions for an apartment?

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Profile photo of lopethalopetha
    Participant
    @lopetha
    Hi all,

Im considering making an offer on an apartment but are trying to minimise conditions on the contract so that I have the best chance of getting it. Being an apartment, the building repairs is really the responsibility of the body corporate isnt it? Would I still need to put in a "subject to pest and building inspection" clause if this is the case?

Thanks.

Profile photo of TerrywTerryw
    Participant
    @terryw

What about finance?

Terryw | Structuring Lawyers Pty Ltd / Loan Structuring Pty Ltd
    http://www.Structuring.com.au
    Email Me

Lawyer, Mortgage Broker and Tax Advisor (Sydney based but advising Aust wide) http://www.Structuring.com.au

Profile photo of lopethalopetha
    Participant
    @lopetha

Finance is all approved.

Profile photo of TracyDTracyD
    @tracyd

Yes, put in subject to building and pest inspection. Just because there is a body corporate, it doesnt mean there are no termites etc…
    I think you will find anyone else making an offer will be adding that condition, unless it is in tassie where there is rarely a termite to be seen because its too cold!
    I always put in subject to bank valuation as well.
    You need to protect yourself by minimising your risk, not exposing yourself so that you are the one with the least conditions to offer.

Profile photo of Richard TaylorRichard Taylor
    Participant
    @qlds007

As Terrry mentioned – Finance.

You say the finance is all approved but it can't be approved if the lender has not sighted a signed purchase contract or carried out if required a valuation on the property.

Even if you have received a pre-approval I would still be making it subject to finance. 

Richard Taylor | Australia's leading private lender

Profile photo of lopethalopetha
    Participant
    @lopetha

Ok thanks for the tip guys. I will make sure to put those on the written offer.

Profile photo of cu@thetopcu@thetop
    Participant
    @cu-thetop

Subject to inspection of Body Corp records is always a good start….

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. If you don't have an account, you can register here.