All Topics / Creative Investing / How to CREATE positive cash flow properties???

Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)
  • Profile photo of chappellchappell
    Participant
    @chappell

Hi Guys
    i am activley looking for positive cash flow properties in NT but have found none much to my disappiontment.

i understand that i will have to buy a negative geared 2 bedroom unit and make it positive.

i've read a few random posts in the forum but would like a more clearer definition of how exactly am i to do this??

i understand that i can achieve this by buying a low purchase price as close to neutral as the vendour or myself will allow
    and that i can make improvments 'cosmetic
    im a little uneasy about massive renovations though as im new at this and dont want to stuff it to badly.

are there any other ways any one can let me in on???

i'd be very greatful for any suggestions.

cheers

Profile photo of TerrywTerryw
    Participant
    @terryw

It just comes down to minimising the expenses and increasing the rents as much as possible – and taking advantage of tax deductions.

Terryw | Structuring Lawyers Pty Ltd / Loan Structuring Pty Ltd
    http://www.Structuring.com.au
    Email Me

Lawyer, Mortgage Broker and Tax Advisor (Sydney based but advising Aust wide) http://www.Structuring.com.au

Profile photo of TracyDTracyD
    @tracyd

I have bought a place that just needed a paint inside and some tatty carpet replaced. I had the whole 2 bedroom unit painted slightly off white, ceilings, doors walls – the lot. Replaced the carpet in the lounge with vinyl (sounds horrible, but tropical climate in cairns, worked well) this only cost me $1680 to do! Trades have obviously increased in price in the last couple of years, but it still is a cheap option to increase your rent.
    On a different property one of my property managers said if I replaced carpet, I could get an extra $25 a week rent.
    Obviously try to buy something under value, where the rent is slightly under market value for the area, then increase with new tenants.
    Are you working out the cash flow including your tax deductions?

Profile photo of chappellchappell
    Participant
    @chappell

thanks for that

not with tax deductions as i'd prefer a return at the end of year to reinvest. (so i dont spend it on stuff)

do i still need to include the tax deductions?
    whats the usal tax % i can use to work this out?

@tracyd

Hi Aimee,
    You will need a cashflow spreadsheet to work out what the + or – cash will be after tax, there are a number of spreadsheets out there, but I think I have a really simple one that I use when looking for property. I also use it when any changes happen to my properties eg: rent goes up or interest rates rise.  IF you can send me a private email, I will send you the link and details then you can download it.
    Tracy

Profile photo of mrdenn1smrdenn1s
    @mrdenn1s

Hi tracey,

Can you post the link for all? I would also like to see it

Thanks

Mr D

@tracyd

Hello everyone, I have just investigated this link and realised that you need the code off the book!!! Sorry people, I am not an indian giver at all, just was trying to help out.  If you are interested you can purchase one of Margaret Lomas's books for about $25 or $30 and get the free software, I think it is well worth it… http://www.edestiny.com.au
    If anyone knows any other free software, please let us know!
    Once again, sorry for the false hope :) 

Participant
    @chappell

Hi Tracy

do all her books come with the software or just the one you got .  'which one did you get out of curiosity and are her books good?

theres 3 good ones there i like but not sure which to start with.

lol i can only read one a t a time (buggar) 

Profile photo of TerrywTerryw
    Participant
    @terryw

Chappell

I missed that, would you mind reposting!

Terryw | Structuring Lawyers Pty Ltd / Loan Structuring Pty Ltd
    http://www.Structuring.com.au
    Email Me

Lawyer, Mortgage Broker and Tax Advisor (Sydney based but advising Aust wide) http://www.Structuring.com.au

@tracyd

I think there is a gremlin in the system with all of those posts!
    Anyway, If you are new to investing, How to maximise your property portfolio would be the best book to go with. If you have a little bit more experience then the pocket guide to investing is excellent because it has step by step what you need to know and ask when buying property. The software comes with any of her property books. Considering I use it about 10 times a week when scouting for property, I think it is well worth the $30! I have been using it for years. You will need to know all expenses eg: council rates, body corp fees and depreciation (which is all discussed in the book) to do the calculations.
    Let me know how you go with it!
    Tracy

Participant
    @chappell

wow dont know what happened there with all those posts????????
    maybe i have a yowie in my comp LOL.

thanks heaps tracy i read more itto it and i think i'll start with that one too. thanks for the recomendation.

sorry terry i was just asking tracy which book to start with as my hubby goes nut when i buy more than 2 books at a time . my libery is quite large. and what a shame it is that i can only read one book ata time.

Profile photo of MillyMilly
    @milly

lololol
    I thought you had a terrible posting stutter Aimee!

Participant
    @chappell

yeah i was scratching my head there for a while too lol

Participant
    @chappell

Hi Tracy

can you please confirm for me if her books are ebooks or if they are sent out through the post?
    i bought one off the link you provided but i can find anywhere on the site that tells me this.

cheers

@tracyd

It will come in the post I would say. I bought my books at the seminars so havent bought through the website before.
    Happy reading!

Profile photo of DaFizDaFiz
    @dafiz

I also have an online Cash on Cash Return (Cash Flow) calculator you welcome to use

just go to ipcfc.mine.nu

I have a couple of little adjustments I will be making to it shortly also (ie. calculating Yield, etc…)

Cheers,
    DaFiz

Profile photo of contessacontessa
    Participant
    @contessa

Hi,

Margaret Lomas website is destiny.net.au

Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. If you don't have an account, you can register here.