All Topics / Help Needed! / NZ titles info etc help!

Register Now for My Free Live Training Series!
Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Profile photo of OriginalsinnerOriginalsinner
    Participant
    @originalsinner

Hi all,

I was asked a question today about how to research property in New Zealand. Thiings like titles, finding out who owns what, how much did they pay, when was it sold last, what is the sales history of the property, etc. The sort of information that you can find in Queensland through the Department of Natural Resources, Mines and Energy, or by using RPData or Residex. I can do that here, but I don't know much about NZ.

Anyone have any tips on how to do this in NZ?

Profile photo of OriginalsinnerOriginalsinner
    Participant
    @originalsinner
    Profile photo of Robbo2Robbo2
    @robbo2

it is pretty similar to here.
    Titles are stored electronically, and there are firms who will do the title seach for a fee (or I think you might have to attend in person?)
    There is one centralised title office I think in Auckland (thats where we got our's from when I worked for a bank there 10 years ago).

Do a search for the LTO (Land Transfer Office) or Dept of lands and survey. As for records of prices paid, they should be able to point you in the right direction. Otherwise I would send an e-mail to one of the real estate agents and ask them. (Harcourts, Bayleys etc)
    Hope this helps.

Watch out for properties with Native Title. If you buy it, the bro's might want it back at some stage….

Profile photo of Scott No MatesScott No Mates
    Participant
    @scott-no-mates

RP Data has a NZ site and provides the same service (at a price).

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. If you don't have an account, you can register here.