All Topics / Heads Up! / Cash Flow Calculator

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Profile photo of DaFizDaFiz
    @dafiz

Hi Guys,

I would like to share my online Cash Flow Calculator with anyone that is interested. This tool makes it easy to calculate the actual Cash on Cash Return for a given property.

Cash Flow Calculator

The link to the calculator is in the menu.

cheers,
    Chris

Profile photo of js2js2
    @js2

Could you add a yield to that? And a few more input fields for the closing costs so could put things like initial repair costs, solicitors fees, conveyancing etc.

Possibly later on a function that lays it all out and is printable.

Profile photo of DaFizDaFiz
    @dafiz

Firstly, thanks for your feedback.  Secondly, are you associated with jaffasoft.com?  I found a very similar Calculator on their yesterday.  I wrongly assumed that no one would have created a CoCR calculator, before I spent time making one for my own use, and then subsequently sharing it with others.

If by yield you mean Annual Rental Income / Purchase Price that should be very easy (is this also know as ROI?).

Do you think a it would be better to have a choice between a % figure or the individual closing costs components that you mention?  That way the user could decide whether they want a quick and dirty guestimate, or more granular control over each cost.

You mean like a report, maybe as a pdf?  This can be done with relative ease, only thing is would you envision the report looking prettier than the webpage, or layed out differently?

Cheers,
    DaFiz

Profile photo of js2js2
    @js2

I built that web site you pointed out but I’m ignoring that.

Though if we we’re digging up history it was Steve McKnight who created this and taught me the layout in this format. No doubt he learnt from someone else. Anyways.

I could see that what you had made has come from out of the blue and an expression of yourself and you’re own coding abilities.

Regards to yield – yes that’s right. Some like to see that and can be educational to compare with the CoCR.

The question of the percentage figure or more granular control is one I used to ask myself and I could not decide so I just went out and made one for each.

A PDF form that could pop up with it layed out well in accountancy terminology would be really good. Pretty looking format isn’t needed. Just neat black & white. Just the basic information that can then but printed and taken to the accountant, solicitor or anyone else one wants to show it to.

Lastly, it’s great to see someone making one in the html format which is the only one that I have come across and or know of.

Good work, Thanks!

Profile photo of amilamil
    Participant
    @amil

Hi – i'd really like to use your cashflow calculator but when I try to enter my data eg – price figure in the field – the whole screen disapears and goes back to previous screen ie your post. Maybe I'm missing something but this keeps happening.

How do I overcome this 'glitch'? 

Have others had this problem or does it work for you?

Cheers – Amil

@dafiz

I havent seen the problem your talking about, I assume that what your doing is entering a Purchase Price (etc) then pressing the enter key on the keyboard?  and then it is just reloading the default values?
    What internet browser are you using, and what version?

I am thinking of adding the ability for individuals to save their own defaults, but I dont think this will help with your issue, as then you will be just loading your defaults instead of mine.

I will have a look at the code later to see if their is anything obvious that might help, otherwise is anyone else having this issue?

Cheers,
    DaFiz

@dafiz

I have finally found the time to get my calculator back online, now in php :)

And with a permanent home.

Cheers,
    Chris

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. If you don't have an account, you can register here.