All Topics / Help Needed! / Multi Lot Subdivision Costs..?? Help

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Profile photo of bendornbendorn
    Participant
    @bendorn

I have an opportunity to purchase about 200 acres near Melbourne.  I'm looking to subdivide it into approx 85 lots sizes averaging around 6000sqm.  I've bought and built on land many times but never subdivided land.  It's got the right zoning and the council aren't too bad to deal with. 

The problem I have is how to work out estimates for roads, sewage, water, gas etc.  I'm trying to do some simple, preliminary sums before I look at bringing on engineering consultants and start the bucks$$ rolling out of my pockets.

I'm aware that this type of development will be in the 7-8 figure range.

Ben

Profile photo of Scott No MatesScott No Mates
    Participant
    @scott-no-mates

Speak to some earthworks contractors & buy a copy of Rawlinsons (should be next day delivery).

Profile photo of Spud1Spud1
    @spud1

Hi Ben
               Just out of curiosity, is the land zoned rural residential? (no town sewerage) That is the zone I live in & land cannot be cut smaller than 10,000m2. But I have heard in certain cases the caouncil will approve as small as 1500m2 but not smaller as there is a minimum size required to adequetly absorb the water from the septic tank.

I would guesstimate your looking at 50k per block for roads & services

Profile photo of bendornbendorn
    Participant
    @bendorn

Hi Spud.  Thanks for your guesstimate.  I thought it'd be around the $5 mil mark.  At the moment it's MUZ.  Mixed Use Zone.

Thanks again.
    Ben

Profile photo of blueheelerblueheeler
    Participant
    @blueheeler

Hi there, have you checked the residential code with council? If so, then divide that into 10,000 (standard number) that will give you the size of your lot.

eg. Residential Code 20 divide into 10,000=5000 square metres.

Good luck.

Profile photo of Spud1Spud1
    @spud1

Hi Ben
               What is the minimum lot size they will allow, so i assume Mixed Use can have just about anything including meduim density housing on 400m2 lots?

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. If you don't have an account, you can register here.