All Topics / Help Needed! / Adelaide advice

Register Now for My Free Live Training Series!
Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Profile photo of lilyhutchlilyhutch
    @lilyhutch

Hi all,

Can someone tell me what O'Sulivans Beach suburb is like in Adelaide? I notice that there is a refinery which will become a desalination plant.

Question two: Do agents use a 'best and final offer' in Adelaide? The pricing is a little strange – above $xx, mid $xx or high $xx so I am trying to work out a negotiatinf strategy.

Thanks

Profile photo of dreamingdreaming
    @dreaming

Hi Lilyhutch,
    I live at Port noarlunga which is two suburbs south of O'Sullivans Beach, I wouldn't live there myself. Althought the refinery is shut down it still is adjacent to alot of industry such as Hills Industries, it is also very much ex housing trust area. Unless you buy with sea views I'm not real keen on the area. I could be wrong though, have been many times before, I think Christies Beach and Port Noarlunga have more to offer.

Profile photo of lilyhutchlilyhutch
    @lilyhutch

Thanks – I hesitantly put an offer in there but need to rethink!

Profile photo of CarlsCarls
    Participant
    @carls

Sorry to say Lilyhutch but i have to agree with dreaming as well. I have lived in the south of Adelaide for 20yrs now and like what dreaming said above O'Sullivan beach isn't really that much of an attractive area, unless you manage to find something with views. But on the flipside if you are purchasing as an investment then really it doesn't matter what it looks like. Obviously you would have to check out the vacancy rates and future development for that area but if it all stacks up well then it could be the perfect area for an investment. There is great transport facilities close by and it's not far to major shopping centres such as Noarlunga centre or even Hallet Cove mall. Do your research and see how it all stacks up.

Good luck!

Profile photo of lilyhutchlilyhutch
    @lilyhutch

Thanks- gross yield would be approx 5%. I notice Christies Beach has a few vacancies – hard to guage at O'Sulivan though because of its size.
    Any thoughts on the negotiating in SA?

Profile photo of red123nzred123nz
    @red123nz
Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. If you don't have an account, you can register here.