All Topics / Help Needed! / Business Coach

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Profile photo of investor13investor13
    @investor13

This is unrelated to property investing but just thought someone out there may have a small business who has used a business coach they could recommend.  Brissy area would be good but it doesn't matter where.

Profile photo of ottgottg
    @ottg

Hi

I have personally coached various SMEs. However you get coaches and coaches. Ask them what formal qualifications they do have  i.e business degrees? There are some with very dubious qualifications (4-10 day training plus 4-6 weeks in-house training). Coaching is based on asking relevant questions in order to make a business owner think about certain scenarios and realize his own potential that brings about internal personal change (internal locus of control). I personaly call myself a mentor/consultant/strategist because in my view, coaching is inherent to the process. There are many opinions about this subject matter. See http://www.centreforcoaching.co.za/docs/o_coach.pdf
    Coaching is all about goal setting and keeping the buss owner accountable to work the plan. In short 'coaching' works (but so does project management) and I have seen improvements of 20% to 200% pa in businesses. I personally prefer to be more involved and at times prefer to roll up my own sleeves and help the business owner to make things work. Traditional coaches don't do it and the bussiness owner does everything himself therefore results will depend entirely on the owner self.

I also prefer to use fixed methodologies, business models, check sheets and planning sheets in order to achieve results i.e things they teach in business schools. These include Business Profitability analysis, Business Valuation analysis, Industry Benchmarking, In-depth Business Assessment, Profit Improvement Strategies, Business Sales Strategies, Business Marketing Strategies, Team training and development, Customer Satisfaction Improvement Strategies, Business Innovation, Business Performance Measurements, Business Exit Planning
    Regards & Hope it helps! 

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. If you don't have an account, you can register here.