All Topics / Value Adding / Depreciation Schedule

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Profile photo of timwrtimwr
    Participant
    @timwr

Hi,

I'm renovating a property (2 houses) in Moree, NSW.  Can anyone recommend a Quantity Surveyor in the area to do a Tax Depreciation Schedule for me? 

Also, despite the fact that the houses were built around 1960 I've been told that due to the fact that they are currently been renovated that this will allow me to claim the annual building depreciation of 2.5%.  Is anyone able to confirm this for me? 

Any help with this would be much appreciated.

Tim

Profile photo of Scott No MatesScott No Mates
    Participant
    @scott-no-mates

Any QS should be able to do it (probably without an inspection). Give a couple a call to discuss. They will give the the blurb on depreciation.

Profile photo of timwrtimwr
    Participant
    @timwr

Thanks Scotty,

Any idea about the depreciation of the building due to the renovations despite it been built in the 60's.

Profile photo of Scott No MatesScott No Mates
    Participant
    @scott-no-mates

The qs will shed more light on the matter but if you contact the AIQS (aust inst QS) they have a full list of practitioners. Generally though, anything pre-July 1985ish did not attract depreciation allowances but as they have a remaining life & a current value this may be able to be depreciated.
    Google QS's for more info but Napier & Blakeley or BMTQS have some good info on their sites.

Profile photo of tajellatajella
    @tajella

I just used http://www.corpred.com.au – they have a great no site visit option for depreciatoin schedules.

Profile photo of Ol PaintingOl Painting
    @ol-painting

I always used http://www.depreciator.com.au/ and I'm very happy with them.

They do work all around Australia – they do trips to different part of a country few times a year.
    I personally prefer someone to see my property when doing a schedule

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. If you don't have an account, you can register here.