All Topics / General Property / Property Investment in the Republic Of Macedonia

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Profile photo of premiumestatepremiumestate
    @premiumestate
    Had somebody already thought about property investing in the Republic of Macedonia? The Republic of Macedonia is currently one of the best places for investing as it is still on its way to the European Union the properties are still cheap and worth investing. There are many beautiful places that can become a living heaven for somebody seeking for peaceful and quiet life in the country. There are also big and developed town with large commercial areas that are excellent for big investors. If you need more information about this issue you can count on me. e-mail:[email protected].

Profile photo of jas25tjas25t
    @jas25t

35% unemployment last time I checked.

A corrupt government.

People who are unable to afford to live.

Hardly an investment opportunity.

Profile photo of premiumestatepremiumestate
    @premiumestate

Hello,

We do not want to convince you that you are not right.

It is true that there is 30 % unemployment in Macedonia. It is true that the government is not the ideal one as well it is true that the country has many disputable issues. But as well it is true that Macedonia is trying to cover the requirements of the EU and enter the EU together with counties like Croatia.

In the last few years Macedonia have done a lot, having in mind the currently stable ethnic issue and the negotiations for entering NATO and EU. It is developing fast and right now the property investment market is one of the best for foreign investors. The Republic of Macedonia is the new investing heaven on the Balkans. It is on its way to the European Union and soon will be as desired destination as Bulgaria, Greece and Montenegro. It is still gaining from the fact that the properties are relatively cheap as well as the living standard and the salaries are lower. This is the reason why recently many foreign investors are opening different kinds of businesses starting from supermarkets and ending up to big factories. I can give you just a few examples only from the year of 2007:

– The Dutch company Weighpack, Brako is based in Macedonia and is a regional leader in the production of wires and wire products;

– Croatia’s Agrokor, the region’s biggest investor, announced a total investment in Macedonia of €200 million. According to General Manager Ivica Todorovik, the company plans to build buyout centers for fruits and vegetables, develop a supermarket chain, as well as establish a processing factory for fruits and vegetables;

– The Telekom Austria Group through Mobilkom Austria just announced the commercial launch of VIP Operator as the third mobile communications provider in Macedonia;

– Johnson Matthey with a mega-factory in Macedonia;

– The CEO of Swedmilk Macedonia, a Swedish dairy plant started operations near Skopje, recommended investing in Macedonia to Swedish investors;

– Porsche Bank, part of the Salzburg-based Porsche Holding, will start with leasing operations in Macedonia by March 2008;

– ?-Mobile is the first mobile operator in Macedonia and a leader in the mobile market.

There are also many other foreign companies that already work with Macedonia and develop their business here:

Mittal Steel Skopje is of one the largest steel product manufacturers in the Balkans offering Hot Rolled Coils & Sheets, Hot Rolled (P&O), Coil Rolled Coils & Sheets, HDG and PPGI Coils;

QBE Insurance Group has a Macedonia-based branch from 8 years;

A Turkish investor opened a large trade centre Ramstore in Skopje

Cubbal – a big German investor bought a large number of shares from the biggest Factory for welded pipes and sections 11 Oktomvri, Kumanovo

For more information about this issue you can see: http://www.investinmacedonia.com.  
    Macedonia has been ranked first in Europe and second worldwide regarding monetary freedom by The Heritage Foundation and The Wall Street Journal.
    The country has jumped to its current position from 20th worldwide and 7th in Europe in 2006, and as low as 70th worldwide in 2003. Monetary freedom and stability make investment, savings, and other longer-term plans easier to make. Inflation in Macedonia has averaged 2.3% in the period 2005-2007.
    Starting from September 2007, a new company in Macedonia can be established in four hours, for less than 150 €. The Central Register offers technical assistance on the spot to eliminate the need for expensive legal fees.

Well, I think that this is pretty enough for a small country which has become independent just 17 years ago and which has just 2 million residents.

It is up to you to decide if Macedonia is worth investing.

Profile photo of wealth4life.comwealth4life.com
    @wealth4life.com

I think you have rocks in your head … this is a push to create a false market cycle … hey if i am wrong as a researcher lets see where your advise stands two years from now … America is a better bet with the sub prime people are walking from their homes and the banks will be giving them away …

Your bad luck could be my good luck …

D

@premiumestate

Hello,
    It is true that America is a better place for investment, but we are talking about two completely different places. We are just trying to introduce our country to the world and present its beauties.
    Is there something wrong with that?
    The countries from the Balkans are developing more and more in the last years and it is true that they are the property investing heaven in Europe right now.

Profile photo of wealth4life.comwealth4life.com
    @wealth4life.com

Then I suggest you market to your own world … many many people get burnt investing internationally just look at all the unhappy investors who entered the NZ market a few years ago and can't sell because their investment has gone South … this site is largely made up of new/young or UNSOPHISTICATED investors who get preyed on or  enticed into areas of investment where they have no or little knowledge of.

It is a proven fact that you are better off with your money in the bank rateher than invest into something you know little of – why do you think people like David Scrivener have such a bad reputation with stock market courses  who leuer people into the get rich quick world … there is no difference in property investing … Steve knight made his name in a local market with an accounting back ground and worked bloody hard doing it …

Is this "thing" I am buying REALLY a good INVESTMENT and after I buy it how quickly can I sell it ????????? and make a profit …

D … no more from me here

@premiumestate

Hello All,
    This is a free forum and everybody from elsewhere is free to post topics and comments. We are not trying just to convince people to invest in Macedonia, we want people to know the country and then decide if they want to invest.

Profile photo of mathewc73mathewc73
    Participant
    @mathewc73

Hi Everyone,
    I believe its healthy to debate these things as it helps novice investors to learn.

We just need to ensure there are balanced views and I think this thread has a balanced view…

Im glad I read it.  A friend of mine (well most actually growning up in the gong) is Macedonian and is going back this year.  Things have certainly changed over there and it will be an interesting country to put on your watch list (for better or worse).

Regards,

Profile photo of jas25tjas25t
    @jas25t

I am also from the Gong, and have been to Macedonia. I have seen first hand, what they think is a "huge improvement on what it used to be like".

I won't voice my opinion on it anymore. I think my first post sums most of it up.

It's nice to go for a cheap holiday (minus the flight costs!) and to see family. Other than that……..up to you.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. If you don't have an account, you can register here.