All Topics / Help Needed! / Bowen Basin QLD Mining Towns – Opinion on offer

Register Now for My Free Live Training Series!
Viewing 10 posts - 401 through 410 (of 410 total)
  • Profile photo of icegoffyicegoffy
    @icegoffy

Thanks Lisa, its always great to have someone on the ground to give some honest to goodness advice.

I am sure for the council to give permit to the builder, it must have already done all the necessary homework on the builder/developer, and also since this developer doing the Garden Plaza is also developing the shopping and carparks in 5 stages, it does indicate that they are not just in for the quick profit, but also for overall wellbeing of the local residents.

Just on the wet season thingy, how likely do you think that area around Garden Plaza is proned to flooding?

Profile photo of camnlisacamnlisa
    Participant
    @camnlisa
    icegoffy wrote:
    Thanks Lisa, its always great to have someone on the ground to give some honest to goodness advice. I am sure for the council to give permit to the builder, it must have already done all the necessary homework on the builder/developer, and also since this developer doing the Garden Plaza is also developing the shopping and carparks in 5 stages, it does indicate that they are not just in for the quick profit, but also for overall wellbeing of the local residents. Just on the wet season thingy, how likely do you think that area around Garden Plaza is proned to flooding?

Hi Icegoffy, it will never flood – Dysart physically can't flood, the town is built on a crest with creeks close enough for quick runoff but with banks high enough that they will never overflow.  The bridges go under during a good wet season for a few hours but they were built much lower than the banks.

Cheers

Lisa

Profile photo of sceddscedd
    @scedd
    camnlisa wrote:

Hi Icegoffy, it will never flood – Dysart physically can't flood,

Lisa

Thats what they thought in Toowoomba

Profile photo of icegoffyicegoffy
    @icegoffy

Lisa, do you know if whether the atmosphere in dysart is it dusty since it near the coal mines?

what about getting builders/developers to work on a property site in dysart? will it be a problem getting people , since builders are competing with mine sites for manpower?

Profile photo of coalstarcoalstar
    Participant
    @coalstar

its definately not cheap getting tradies to do work in the bowen

Profile photo of elenipelenip
    @elenip

Hi Lisa

I am a newbie looking to invest in Dysart t.  I haven't been able to visit yet and was wondering if (seeing as you've lived there for so long) email me some info on the developments that are happening there at the moment or any that are planned for the near future? I am trying to complete my due diligence but cannot find that kind of information online.  Do you know of any land releases in the wind?  That sort of stuff. 

Hope you can help?

cheers
    Eleni :)

Profile photo of max147max147
    @max147
    shoooshoo wrote:
    hey guys i'm considering buying this unit in Dysart, i have heard that this unit, or maybe something like it, was going for cheaper in the local newspaper. http://www.realestate.com.au/property-apartment-qld-dysart-107626389

shooosho, read this post in the link below.
    I was keen on these also as I have an IP in Dysart since 2005.
    They were in the paper when I went up there & I was already looking at these units through Carly so I wasn't impressed.
    As I said in the post, I have been informed that the guy hasn't got the money atm.
    I decided not to go ahead but that's just me.
    If I were you I would have a talk to local RE agents for their take on it but of course if they aren't in for a sale they may be prone to be negative on it.

https://www.propertyinvesting.com/forums/property-investing/help-needed/4337447?page=4

Profile photo of HengistHengist
    @hengist

Hi all,

Is their a seasonal dip in tenancy in Dysart?

Fewer people around at Christmas??

I was surprised that I was advised that BMA had moved my tenants out 3-4 months before the lease ran out. (Nov)

Cheers,

Steve

Profile photo of andy17andy17
    Participant
    @andy17

Anyone have any opinions/facts/experience with the new development in Dysart called Jacaranda Central???

Profile photo of Von KrummVon Krumm
    Participant
    @von-krumm

Daedalus wrote:
    mining towns in the Bowen Basin in QLD.

I was excited when I read this then realised the thread was made almost 4 years ago…. has the ship already sailed?

I saw Dysart at the top of a national list for rental yield back in Jan when I got serious about investing.
    But I can't afford $600k as a first IP and not really set on risking it all for one industry anyway.

Sure there are multiple mines near most towns, but I thought somewhere like MacKay or Rockhampton would be a safer bet for a first IP in case china craps itself…. also Margaret Lomas is always banging on about Gladstone…?

My question is, how much are these areas affected by future mining developments? Can you reap the rewards in the larger, further away towns, or is it best to go straight into the actual mining town?

Also any news on the Galilee basin… all I can see is people screaming hippy apocalypse?
    And Abbot point? Why is Bowen the proposed port and not MacKay?

Viewing 10 posts - 401 through 410 (of 410 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. If you don't have an account, you can register here.