All Topics / Help Needed! / Where to find CURRENT statistics

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Profile photo of CarlsCarls
    Participant
    @carls

Hi all, i'm just entering the property game and in the process of purchasing our second property! I am having a lot of difficulty finding relevant statistics to do with population growth in the area, rental vacancy rates, how many homes are owner/occupied v's rented out etc. Does anyone know of a good website where i can find all this info? I have contacted a few REA but they all seem to busy to help or can't get their hands on the info i'm after.

We are purchasing our property within the Palmerston region of Darwin.

Any info would be great, Thankyou

Profile photo of Scott No MatesScott No Mates
    Participant
    @scott-no-mates

Domain – research. Then once you know what you are missing, contact the rea. Keep your eye on (& copies of) recent sales in the local & national newspapers & property sections. Otherwise data is generally 12 months rolling averages – not much more in the way of freebies. Due to the slow nature of real estate transactions this will be the most useful guide.

Predictions are just that (unless you can show your own trends through research of recent sales) – remember sales in large new developments may skew average/median prices when compared to aged stock.

Cheat a little, grab their rental list on a friday arvo/saturday morning, that will indicate current asking rents, numbers of properties, areas/streets with vacancies (issues).

Profile photo of CarlsCarls
    Participant
    @carls

cheers for that everything helps!

Profile photo of MillyMilly
    @milly

on realestate.com.au  Find the property  you are interested in and then down on the right hand side you will find My RP data has a free suburb report site. Simply click on that and enter the postcode or suburb.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. If you don't have an account, you can register here.