All Topics / Help Needed! / real estate agent not releasing my rental money

Register Now for My Free Live Training Series!
Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Profile photo of BreammasterBreammaster
    Participant
    @breammaster

I have a unit which is managed by a real estate agent. Until recently everything was fine. A month ago our tenant missed the rent pay date by a few days. The real estate agent wouldnt release this money to us because they said it wasn't paid by due date so the computers couldnt transfer this money to us until next rental cycle. Are they allowed to do this? Can i demand my rent be paid to me regardless of whether it is a few days or a week late?

Profile photo of Scott No MatesScott No Mates
    Participant
    @scott-no-mates

Read your managing agent agreement. It will state when moneys will be transferred to your account. If there is no money on the transfer date, it will transfer $0 to your account. They have done the job that you have requested them to do.

However, push the issue with the agent ie the mortgage is overdue, tenant will be evicted because you can't pay mortgage & they will lose their managing agent agreement. They might see it differently.

Profile photo of marg4000marg4000
    @marg4000

Our PM remits payments twice monthly, once on the 15th and again at the end of the month.  It was one of the reasons we chose them.
    Marg

Profile photo of 9ball9ball
    Participant
    @9ball

Time to change managing agents i think!!

9ball

Profile photo of BreammasterBreammaster
    Participant
    @breammaster

I think it is time for a new PM if this continues!! I have a feeling though that one less property for a real estate agent is peanuts to them since they are only taking a small percentage of the monthly rent

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. If you don't have an account, you can register here.