All Topics / Value Adding / costs of relocating house to back of block

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Profile photo of marklesliemarkleslie
    @markleslie

Hi all, this is a rather vague question, but thought someone might have some experience in this field.

I am looking at buying a property on a large block that can be subdivided.

The property would have to be relocated to the rear of the block as there is not enough access way at present. Does anyone have an idea of costs to relocate a house to the rear of a block. Currently it is a highset house on concrete stumps.

Any advice is welcome.

Thanks
    Mark.

Profile photo of twowheels_001twowheels_001
    @twowheels_001

Hi all,

i've recently purchased a 3 br Vic home property for $560k. It's a fairly run down property, but a renovated property in the area are selling between $730-$900plus. I bought it for investment with the intention of renovating it on my own for the next 6 month while satisfying my first home buyers grant duty.

However, I am hitting a panic button as i am new in this property investment. Feels like everything needed work in this house. My goal is to renovate it good enough for rental for the next 3-5 years. The house currently holds a very small living room with no area for dining table, my options are:

1. Keep the 3 bedroom and find someone that are willing to rent with small living room

2. Knockdown the 3rd bedroom in order to have a bigger living & dining room

This house may require restumping, rewiring (only 3 plugs in the whole house), changing all the bathroom and kitchen units.
    Gosh, what have i got myself into?? I guess my question is, what should my priorities be?

ANY advise is appreciated.

Profile photo of marklesliemarkleslie
    @markleslie

thanks for hi-jacking my topic with a response that is in no way related to mine.

Much appreciated!

Profile photo of twowheels_001twowheels_001
    @twowheels_001

opppss, sorry Mark, first-timer, i meant to post as new item.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. If you don't have an account, you can register here.