All Topics / Help Needed! / A Young Dolf DE ROOS? In the making???

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Profile photo of red123nzred123nz
    @red123nz

Hi

I am Sean from Auckland New Zealand and I am learning about property investing.

I am aged 21 and I want to get out of the “rat race” before even getting into it. I would like to ask for some help in terms of investing in the Australian market from Auckland New Zealand.

I am studying as a chartered accountant much like Steve McKnight but I can already see that although I enjoy analysing numbers and explaining what they mean to clients I would rather make myself more wealthy than make someone else wealthy.

So far I have read a number of books and I have tons of books to read. I have just half way read From 0 to 130 properties in 3.5 years by Steve and I was constantly reminded to go and visit this website to find answers and ask questions on the forums.

A little more about myself and my goals.

1. I want to retire March 2011- i.e. my passive income exceeds my lifestyle expenses.
    2. I want to own a 100 positive cash flow properties
    3. I want to help as many people as I can, that would be in terms of charity, education or inspiration.

Like Robert K said, if you don’t have money then you have time. So I am investing a lot of time to learn about property investment and looking to learn from people who have already done it. I want to learn how to fish, not be given a fish.

So if you would like to talk with me or would like to help mentor me I would be very interested to hear from you.

My email is

[email protected]

Thank you,

Sean

Profile photo of JONCHUJONCHU
    @jonchu

Hi there, Robyn Grinter, from Gems Properties, is the ‘equivalent” to Steve McKnight over in New Zealand, 303 properties in 3 years, last time I spoke to her, which was last week.  A great property investor and also a personal friend and mentor. She runs property investing courses in New Zealand, etc, send her an e-mail: [email protected]  

Keep that energy up

Profile photo of red123nzred123nz
    @red123nz

Hi Jon,

I also have actually made contact with her, I am going to go to her seminar in March and so I am hoping to learn a lot from her as wel.

Thanks for that :)

Once I get a good deal of properties in New Zealand I want to branch out into Australia and the rest of the world.

But I want to start learning about Australia whilst I learn about New Zealand :)

@red123nz

Keen to hear from other people :)

Profile photo of Steve McKnightSteve McKnight
    Keymaster
    @stevemcknight

Hey Sean,

Nice to see you online.

If you want to start networking with fellow kiwis, try to contact those who make posts in the Overseas Deals sections.

You may also want to build up a forum identity on richmastery.co.nz

As for your plan, it seems like a solid start. My plan when starting was to retire by 9 May 2004 with 250k in passive income. The master plan doesn't need to be very fancy, but it will dictate how you go about your investing.

Also, a word of caution… it doesn't matter how many IPs you own, so long as the profit helps you achieve your goal.

Warm regards,

Steve McKnight | PropertyInvesting.com Pty Ltd | CEO
    https://www.propertyinvesting.com

Success comes from doing things differently

@red123nz

Much appreciated Steve

@red123nz

Bump

I would really appreciate your help team :)

Would you recommend any good books to read?

Are there any specific seminars in Australia or NZ that you would recommend?

@red123nz
Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. If you don't have an account, you can register here.