All Topics / Value Adding / Transportable Unit (house)

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Profile photo of luckyinvestorluckyinvestor
    @luckyinvestor

I have a property in Perth Hills, it is in a rather nice spot, land size is 3/4 acre, (3200M)
    There is a 2 bedroom house on the property, I am receiving very little rent from it. because it is quite an old house.

I spoke to council, and was advised that I can add a small unit (Grany Flat type accomodation , only 1 bed room 1 bathroom) on the property.

I am thinking of putting a transportable unit,

Can this be a good idea ? will i be able to rent out such an unit? I am trying to incease my retal income.

Thanks

Profile photo of DaedalusDaedalus
    @daedalus

It could be a relatively low cost solution. There are a lot of transportable homes built for mining towns. The quality of finish on some of them is surprisingly high.

You would need to talk with a transportable home manufacturer though. I expect that the economy of these comes from the fact that they basically make the same house over and over again. A one bed on bath unit might not be a 'product' that they sell.

What about the option of replacing the current dwelling with a new, larger one? Or perhaps with a duplex? This can be done with transportable home products, and may increase your rent substantially.

Daedalus.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. If you don't have an account, you can register here.