All Topics / General Property / Clarkson – perth

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Profile photo of Paul22MPaul22M
    @paul22m

Hi there just wanted some advice, I want to know what you think about Clarkson (in perth) as a long-term investment, I have a block of land there that i bought a 2 years ago and im deciding now whether im better off building on it or selling it as a vacant block, I know clarkson is considered far from the city (32km) but the suburb has its own train station which i think will be good in years to come when petrol keeps getting more expensive, its also close to the beach and mindarie marina, my block is located in a pretty good spot too its walking distance (prolly about 3-4 mins walk) from ocean keys shopping centre. what do u guys think of clarkson as a long term thing? like atleast 5 years + , i know real estate in the area at the moment isnt going that great because theres is heaps on the market and it is pretty competative between the agents to sell blocks and houses but im thinking in 10 yrs time that it will b considered a pretty good suburb to live in. can i get some thoughts on people from perth and into real estate
    thanks in advance!

Profile photo of millionsmillions
    Participant
    @millions

I was googling Clarkson a while back and came across some comments from a government department  saying they wanted to improve Clarkson a little bit, but not too much as they didn't want it to compete with the Alkimos development.  Those comments turned me off purchasing in the suburb, but overall, I think the Alkimos land will be sold for a premium and will have a flow on affect to surrounding suburbs. 

Profile photo of lyndon_glyndon_g
    @lyndon_g

Hi Paul

I have worked for the last 6 months as new homes consultant in the Butler area just up form Clarkson. I think its a great suburb and still has a lot of potential with the Marmion ave extension to be completed within 12 months, and the freeway & rail within the next 10-15 years. Its still a relatively new area, but i feel in years to come an investment property in Clarkson would be a great piece of property to own. If you purchased two years ago, i would imagine that you would have quite a lot of equity in this block. IF you were going to sell, one would hope that you had plans to re-invest the money you have made! If you do need help with building a new home though, i would be more than happy to help. Feel free to PM me if you want more info.

Cheers

Lyndon

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. If you don't have an account, you can register here.