All Topics / General Property / Berwick – The Chase

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Profile photo of fuisterfuister
    @fuister

Hi there people,

I am new to this forum but have been reading a lot of the comments by posters and find it very good feedback indeed.
    So i would like to know what you think of Berwick in particular the Chase estate.

I just recently bought a house and land package there in the view of living there.  I have done my reasearch on the suburb and so on.  But I would like to get additional feedback from you guys.  Regarding,

* the potential of the suburb
    How much of an effect do you think the pakenham bypass and the growth of dandenong will affect?
    Do you think that the upcoming projects in pakenham and cranbourne could potentially hinder the prices of house in the short term?

Would appreciate any comments, Thanks

Profile photo of PtialvPtialv
    @ptialv

Cant help…Will like to see some views here as dont know much either.

Profile photo of ducksterduckster
    Participant
    @duckster

Berwick is at the last allowable redevelopment under the 2030 government policy in the south east.  I have seen  fantastic  development in Cranbourne  over the last ten years which happens to be about the same distance from the GPO.
    The by pass is a direct result of the development growth of Berwick / Pakenham over the last ten years.
    I think Berwick has a train line, a new Toll road called east link coming on line  very soon, making it much easier to  travel  to  Berwick
    The city of Casey has the highest Population growth out of all of Victoria.
    I don't know how Berwick will perform but I have realised a $70,000 capital gains (2001 – 2004) from Cranbourne plus I am sitting on a $100,000 gain on my other house I own in Cranbourne.
    Cranbourne had only one shopping centre in 1995  and no train line now it has two shopping centres and a train line.

Profile photo of chefmanchefman
    Participant
    @chefman

Hi There,
    We have lived in Narre Warren for the last 7 years and are building ou at Pakenham and the new bypass has already made a big difference. The land prices have gone very berko over the last 18 months and a valuer i know loves this area of the world and he likes the chase. Very good growth over the next 5 years according to him so well done.

Chefman

Profile photo of fuisterfuister
    @fuister

Thanks for the comments guys

"Berwick is at the last allowable redevelopment under the 2030 government policy in the south east."  What do you mean redevelopment duckster? I emphasize Re as it sounds like it has been developed before?  Please elaborate if you could.

Thanks

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. If you don't have an account, you can register here.