All Topics / Creative Investing / Lease to Buy Questions

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Profile photo of maree_bradrossmaree_bradross
    @maree_bradross

Hi,

I'm looking at this as the potential renter with the option to buy. We have our own home in Gippsland Vic that we have renovated and don't wish to part with. We have a tenant lined up to start renting at the end of the month. I have relocated to Melbourne and my husband is finishing up work and joining me at the end of the month. He is going to do some temp work until he finds a permanent job. We have started looking at the property market in the south eastern suburbs of bayside Melbourne. Anyway I am very paranoid that looking is going to led to heartbreak if we come across the perfect property during this period.

I'm assuming that we will not be in a position to source another loan until we both have jobs for 3 months, also my hubby who is a printer is going to earn double the salary in the city as to what he was earning in the country.

So, if we do come across a property during this interim period that we think is ideal, how would we go about finding an investor to do a lease to buy for no more than a year maximum? Also how would the stamp duty work – would the investor have to pay stamp duty then we pay stamp duty we exercise our buy option. Sorry for the ramblings, we are looking at a open property on the weekend that looks perfect in the pics and my mind is in overdrive.

Thanks you in advance.
    Maree

Profile photo of maree_bradrossmaree_bradross
    @maree_bradross

Hi – well we went to view the property and fortunately we didn't fall in love with it!!

But, we did identify a great little one bedroom unit in a fantastic location for reasonable dollars that we could buy and tart up with the view of keeping it as an investment property in the future, plus we won't be throwing money down the drain renting. Sooooo does anyone know any mortgage brokers in the Melbourne that the can recommend please? Ty Maree

Profile photo of Richard TaylorRichard Taylor
    Participant
    @qlds007

Hi Maree

Dont forget this day and age your mortgage broker can be located anywhere in the Country.

Most applications are done electronically so with the wonderful technological age we live in email etc an application lodged in Darwin can be approved Melbourne for a client in Port Douglas.

Remember if you are buying a unit that you inetend to rent out in the future make sure that it is structured correctly from day 1 to maximise your deductions.

Richard Taylor | Australia's leading private lender

@maree_bradross

Oh that is interesting thanks Richard. I thought it may be restricted to states – like a conveyancer. Thank you – may drop you a line :-)

Profile photo of Richard TaylorRichard Taylor
    Participant
    @qlds007

No problems maree feel free to PM and I would be happy to answer any question you might have.

Richard Taylor | Australia's leading private lender

@maree_bradross

sent you an email Richard – thanks so much

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. If you don't have an account, you can register here.