Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Profile photo of visualmagicvisualmagic
    @visualmagic

Hi guys, I had this posted in the other forum and I guess no-one was really interested, one more go at it here, and then I will scrap the idea…

I have had an idea that I think will work brilliantly for a lucky few.

The Residex reports for me are always a bit too pricey, especially for a first time buyer, so had a brainwave that a few of us could collaborate a little intimate family unit to get a couple of reports over time.

My thoughts were to start with their grand poobah report – the one they admit to having put the greatest research and confidence in, the 'Property Predicted Trends' report.

This report is $275, so either 7 of us, including me, put in $40, or if there is enough interest, 10 of us put in $27.50 each. I can then, after purchasing, I assume, email the report to each contributor.

If this works then our little group may want to get the 'Top 100 reports' for lets say, SE Qld, or one of the other regions, or country areas perhaps.

Anyway, something like this can move pretty quickly so if you are interested let me know, and perhaps we can get our first one this week. At 30 or 40 each report we can keep the group small and should be a great start for a lot of people!

Your thoughts? Look forward to hearing back. Perhaps a PM might me best.

My email to contact me direct and discuss is: [email protected]

Profile photo of Jon ChownJon Chown
    @jon-chown

I would love to hear what others think about the Residex reports and their value – if any.   I answered a post on this site recently where a Buyer was relying on the report to submit offers on property and couldn't work out why he ketpt on missing out.   I read his report and they appear exceptionally conservative.

On the shareing of the report situation, I think that you may be contravening an agreement made by Residex and the instigator of the report.

Good luck which ever way you choose to go.

Jon

Profile photo of visualmagicvisualmagic
    @visualmagic

You may be right and perhaps it is best left alone for this reason….. Wasnt 100% sure, might be worth checking further.

Profile photo of DaedalusDaedalus
    @daedalus

Hi,

I subscribe to the Best Rent Report (buy 3 get 4), and did so after buying a single as a trial. I've found them valuable as a way to identify areas to research further, and also have had my confidence boosted when areas that I've researched turn up in the report!

The disclaimer in the front says:
    "You are entitled to hold a single copy of this report having been given it by Residex Pty Ltd. You are not entitled to make copies of the report or extract data from this report and use it in reports you may produce. Please note that Residex will take legal action against any party who wrongly uses the data it provides"

The entire document is Copyright, and it's about 1cm thick, and made of paper, so it would be tricky to email .

I don't think it's a lot to pay for the information that it contains, and importantly the time that it saves me. I suspect the other reports are equally valuable. Buy one and see. It's deductible. If you don't think it's worth, then don't buy any more.

Daedalus.

@visualmagic

Great info Deadulus. That spells it out for me, and I think you are probably right about the quality of content and good point about it being a deduction too.

Thanks for the post.

Profile photo of Scott No MatesScott No Mates
    Participant
    @scott-no-mates

It's research material & either part of your libary or directly tax deductible. It costs $275, get over it.

BTW you are entitled to copy 10% of a document for reseach purposes anyway but not 10% x 10.

@visualmagic

Ok, point taken once again. No more from me :)

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. If you don't have an account, you can register here.