All Topics / Finance / How did Steve come up with the deposits?

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Profile photo of VStarVStar
    Participant
    @vstar

Hi there,

I recently bought the masterclass homestudy pack which has been really a really great start for no-properties-at-all investor.

In the pack – Steve talks about the 3 sections of a property deal:
    1. The Property Deal itself
    2. The Finance
    3. The Deposit

I was pondering, since he said he set up for a Company to be a trustee of a trusts – this allowed him to continually borrow funds for another property (by setting up a new trust) – did he setup 350 trusts then? Or what did he do?

Also – how does he ever say how he continually came up with the deposits for the properties? since i'm guessing that the time frame of 3.5 years – he didn't really wait 1 year to save up for it… Does anyone know?

Many thanks

Profile photo of JLJL
    @jl

To partially answer your questions, Steve saved deposits by having his (although limited from what I have read) and his partners income – as accountants – to purely be used on investment.  He and his partner – David Bradley – lived from the wages their wives brought in.  So if you think about it, unless you go into business with someone, you would not expect this type of return, although I'm sure it is possible. 
    And remembering that all his properties were +ve, therefore the more he purchased, the easier the deposits became, because there was more money coming in the door.
    On the trusts issue, I can't help??

Profile photo of VStarVStar
    Participant
    @vstar

Thanks JL – really appreciate your comments.

I'm still pondering though – even if Steve bought 10 properties at (on average) $80,000 thats $160k before 5% closing cost. That's alot of $$ saved up.

Profile photo of TerrywTerryw
    Participant
    @terryw

Also at that time there was some quick capital growth as well as the relatively low purchase prices.

Terryw | Structuring Lawyers Pty Ltd / Loan Structuring Pty Ltd
    http://www.Structuring.com.au
    Email Me

Lawyer, Mortgage Broker and Tax Advisor (Sydney based but advising Aust wide) http://www.Structuring.com.au

Profile photo of JLJL
    @jl

I agree, but didn't he have about $40,000 already.  And once he had bought the first IP, he was then making not only income from the business, but also from the first property and so on and so on.  I think most of his first few homes were around the $40,000 mark weren't they.
    JL

Profile photo of JONCHUJONCHU
    @jonchu

Seminars… his presentations gave him some money for deposits, I attended his very first seminar here in Sydney @ Parramatta, back in 2001 (I think). Easily 100 people in the room, $95 per head, take costs out = a deposit for another property. He still does it today, the man sure knows how to add/exchange value. Awesome stuff.

Happy Investing

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. If you don't have an account, you can register here.