All Topics / Help Needed! / Renting Agent won’t help

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Profile photo of Pro investorPro investor
    Participant
    @pro-investor

Hi Everyone

I have a house in a country town the tennant moved out 6 weeks ago and asked them to put it on realestate.com for me for rent I've rang several times to remind her to do it and she says shes getting around to it mean while she puts other houses on there (I thinks shes mad cause a year ago I caught her out that she wasn't passing on my writing offer to a vendor). There is one other agent in this town witch i listed it with as well(they have to go to the first one to get the keys) 2 weeks ago and they still haven't put it on the net.

Any feed back would be great

Thanks rob

Profile photo of Zoe JonesZoe Jones
    @zoe-jones

I think if the agent still hasn't listed the place it's time to move on to another agent. Is the town big enough that you have another agent to choose from? One you haven't dealt with yet? If neither agent is listing it there has to be a reason, and they might have talked to each other about what has happened and it might be best to start again with a new one. I think the main thing is to do something and take control, because these people aren't doing anything to help you. With these managing agents you need to take control or the situation just goes on and on. I have changed managing agents several times in a few years, and 'giving them a chance' is something I have learned the hard way never to bother with again. Just look after yourself.

Profile photo of Zoe JonesZoe Jones
    @zoe-jones

Also Rob meant to tell you get a friend to ring these agents 'pretending' to be a potential tenant and see how they come across, whether they are positive about your place or negative. And if possible get someone you trust to have a look at the inside, either a friend or go yourself. There might be a reason it's not listed or renting. For example internal damage they haven't told you about because they already gave the bond back to the last tenants who were their friends or something like that!  It happens, so find out what's really being said and what condition the place is in.

Profile photo of DaedalusDaedalus
    @daedalus

Hi Rob,

You need to sack this property manager (because they are not really a property manager – are they?).

Is there a larger town nearby that has more property managers. If so, you may find an alternative there who will manage properties in your town.

Daedalus.

Profile photo of kootzykootzy
    @kootzy

Rob

Not a good situation if the number of property agents in the area are limited.

If you can get a friend to ring up,  tell them to let the agent know they are transferring to the area in the next few weeks (that way they can't just suggest you walk through the property) and a friend, whom is a local told them the property was available for rent. 

Tell them to ask the agent if there are any details and photos of the property they can view on the internet.

Nathan

Profile photo of Scott No MatesScott No Mates
    Participant
    @scott-no-mates

If you have any back up of your instruction to the agent (ie email) advise them that you are giving them a monthls any you will also be taking them to dept of fair trading. If the agent is incompetent, then give them a real shake up. I have found that many country agents were reasonable however they aren't quite as driven as those in the major capitals.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. If you don't have an account, you can register here.