All Topics / General Property / I really don’t have any idea

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Profile photo of Michael RentonMichael Renton
    @michael-renton

When it comes to property, I really don't have a clue.

I have small house in Paddington, Brisbane (2km from the CBD) that is worth about $650K. It is so small that as soon as we had children we moved out, put in on the rental market, and now we are renting the house we live in.

I want to live close to the CBD because we both work in the CBD and I guess we could afford a house for about $900K, and really you need all of that (and more) to get something decent near the city. At that price, I really can't afford to hand onto the Paddington renter.

What sort of things should I be considering when looking for a house in Brisbane and what suburbs close to the city do people think still present good value for money?

Thanks in advance,
    Mick

Profile photo of Scott No MatesScott No Mates
    Participant
    @scott-no-mates

Mick, is there any chance of rebuilding at Paddington whilst you still rent elsewhere? – minimal disturbance to yourselves and you get a well located house without the costs of stampduty & agent commission etc?

Alternatively how are Milton, Bulimba & Hawthorn stacking up at the moment?

Profile photo of HandyAndy888HandyAndy888
    @handyandy888

Hello Mick..I think you will find something for 900K…..however, if I were you, I would definitely consider something along the train line, because 900K will get you a VERY VERY GOOD PLACE in the burbs….whenever I had to go to the CBD, I always "train" it..parking is getting ridiculous…just an idea…

Profile photo of bardonbardon
    Participant
    @bardon

Morningside, Norman Park, Murarrie, Newmarket, Highgate Hill, Ashgrove you would get a really nice house for 900K.

You could proabaly get a good house for that in Bulimba, Hawthorn and East Brisbane. I did for less.although that was 10 months ago.

Profile photo of Tysonboss1Tysonboss1
    Participant
    @tysonboss1
    Handy Andy wrote:
    Hello Mick..I think you will find something for 900K…..however, if I were you, I would definitely consider something along the train line, because 900K will get you a VERY VERY GOOD PLACE in the burbs….whenever I had to go to the CBD, I always "train" it..parking is getting ridiculous…just an idea…

I aggree,… I would consider "training it". That way you could probally keep your investment and buy a decent house to.

Plus you get to read a book on the way to and from work, and save money on fuel and parking.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. If you don't have an account, you can register here.