All Topics / Help Needed! / Looking for Solicitor in Brisbane (conveyancing)

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Profile photo of Jessica3Jessica3
    @jessica3

Hi everyone,

I am based in Sydney and in a couple of days I will be listing my property for sale in Brisbane.  I need to find a reliable Solicitor in Brisbane to help assist with the legal matters for the sale of my property. I'm looking to appoint a Solictor with experience in the area of property transaction. A pleasant personality is also a MUST!

I am sick to death of dealing with Lawyers who do not communicate well and snob you off when you ask for help! I had been in contact with a Solicitor since last week via email and I decided to call her today becuase she wouldn't answer the question in my email (btw: it was only one question. I was not blabbering away like I am now lol). Due to the fact that she sounded rude and was trying to get off the phone as quickly as she could, I have decided to push her to the kirb.

Any recommendations would be greatly appreciated. Also, a quote for their services would be even better.

Thank you all.

J

Profile photo of cu@thetopcu@thetop
    Participant
    @cu-thetop

Expect to pay more for one with a personality. A sale should be between 4-650 plus GST and outlays. Generally you get what you pay for. BTW what was the question?

Profile photo of Richard TaylorRichard Taylor
    Participant
    @qlds007

Why not try Leonie Dixon at CSM on the Southside.

Leonie has been my Solicitor for the last 13 years and has completed over 200 transactions for me during that time and the same number again for clients of mine from the forum.

Give her a call on 07 3807 9521. This is her direct number so if she doesnt answer first time she is on the other phone or out for lunch.

Tell her i told you to call and she will either throw you out or welcome you with open arms – lol.

Richard Taylor | Australia's leading private lender

Profile photo of Jessica3Jessica3
    @jessica3

cu@thetop :  I actually asked her two questions

Q1 the office address (needed this to complete the sales agreement between me and the Agent)

Q2  requested for a quote for her services

lol..now was I asking for too much?  I understand that it's not a multi-million dollar complex deal where she would make a bucket load from, but don't take on the little clients if you're not going to be helpful and do your job properly (really makes me annoyed how people can be like that ….Hola!!)

Qlds007:   Thank you, I will definately call Leonie Dixon this week.  Hopefully she will answer my call.

Thanks again

Profile photo of Richard TaylorRichard Taylor
    Participant
    @qlds007

No worries Jessica.

As i mentioned tell her i referred you and she will either close the door or give you the deal of the century.
    Only kidding she is a true wonder but dont tell her i told you.

Richard Taylor | Australia's leading private lender

Profile photo of meatgroupmeatgroup
    @meatgroup

I can vouch for Leonie Dixon. I used her to settle a property in Brisbane earlier this year. Trouble free and very good value. Will no doubt use again within the next 6 months.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. If you don't have an account, you can register here.