All Topics / General Property / Group Residex Report buy

Viewing 18 posts - 1 through 18 (of 18 total)
  • Profile photo of visualmagicvisualmagic
    @visualmagic

Hi guys,

**From Steve McKnight: please see my comment at the bottom of this thread about breach of copyright**

I have had an idea that I think will work brilliantly for a lucky few.

The Residex reports for me are always a bit too pricey, especially for a first time buyer, so had a brainwave that a few of us could collaborate to get a couple of reports over time as a group.

My thoughts were to start with their grand poobah report – the one they admit to having put the greatest research and confidence in, the 'Property Predicted Trends' report.

This report is $275, so either 7 of us, including me, put in $40, or if there is enough interest, 10 of us put in $27.50 each. I can then, after purchasing, I assume, email the report to each contributor.

If this works then our little group may want to get the 'Top 100 reports' for lets say, SE Qld, or one of the other regions, or country areas perhaps.

Anyway, something like this can move pretty quickly so if you are interested let me know, and perhaps we can get our first one this week. At 30 or 40 each report we can keep the group small and should be a great start for a lot of people!

Your thoughts? Look forward to hearing back. Perhaps a PM might me best.

Profile photo of visualmagicvisualmagic
    @visualmagic

Cant seem to change my setting to recieve PM's sp hopefully you can contact me OK, otherwise shoot me an email to:-

[email protected]

Cheers
    Alex

Profile photo of GuanGuan
    @guan

You can't send the copy of the report as it is authorised viewing only (need purchase code).

However, there is one way to do it and it is by asking a kind fellow to type the contents out using Microsoft Words and send it to the rest. It can be done, great thought!

@visualmagic

I would be prepared to do that, but surely screen captures and Acrobat PDF maker would fix that quickly wouldnt it?

Shouldnt be a problem, unless Residex has a policy against it…. I'm not sure. Surely families and groups get reports and share info all the time I'd imagine. That's the way of the world.

Anyway, keep me posted if you are interested. Might be fun to do one like this anyway.

Profile photo of NeotecherNeotecher
    @neotecher

Hello visualmagic,

It sounds good in theory but have you given any thought to the possibility that it may infringe on someones intellectual property rights?

Just a thought in caution.

regards
    neotecher.

@visualmagic

Hmmmmm, hadn't really thought that far ahead, just keen to take a look at one of these reports and thought that a few of us might feel the same.

I know if I had a family of property investors living here and I bought a report it would be selfish of me to keep it from my family members.

Would it infringe on someones intellectual property were I to share the cost with my family and we all looked at it?

Maybe you are right. I certainly couldnt entertain anything that would cause trouble for me. I expect that if I ring residex they would be generally against the idea even if it secured them a sale they would otherise not have gotten.

It's a tricky one isn't it. Oh well, email me if you are interested and we can discuss it further I suppose. Discussion of something as a potential path is surely ok.

I will investigate the details further with my friend who studied IP at university.  Perhaps relaying the information is fine, but screen captures is probably a no no. I expect thats the case.

@visualmagic

I mean, when I go and see my personal trainer, he shares with me information from textbooks that he has learned. It is not a bad thing for him to share information he has read in a book is it? Photocopying the book for me personally might be wrong though. Anyway, I will keep any correspondence anyone has with me through my email confidential if that helps, while I check into this further.

Profile photo of MillyMilly
    @milly

Yes i recall once buying a report and trying to forward it off to a friend (he didnt' put in any money and would never have bought the thing anyway but I wanted to point out a couple of things). I tried everything, copy and paste….nothing would work without the password and that is in asterisk's so you don't know what it is.

But you can print it out, which is what i have done in the past, to peruse in bed. Mind you there was something like 50 pages so if you go down that path you will want to enter in ink and paper.

And yes Neotcher I think it isbeing norty and probably illegal but frankly I think the data is extremely overpriced.  I'm sure many more of us would buy it if it was $100.

@visualmagic

Well maybe it would be less of a stress for just 4 of us to have a bit of fun with a report, so it actually becomes more like a family unit purchase.

Surely thats acceptable. Perhaps 10 people crosses into a new territory and breaks away from the couple of friends sharing a tidbit of info into something more sinister. I was only thinking of this to give us a boost into the market, not as a trouble making stunt.

My email is in the second post if anyone else wants to contact me.

Profile photo of bardonbardon
    Participant
    @bardon

visual, the way to do it is to retype it into excel as this also cuts all the fluff out and you cant sort etc it works real well and I just emailed one to you that fell of of the back of a lorry.  I would be interested in chucking in a few bob but I have just bought and since the areas I am looking at has 15% per year for the next 8 year I will probably buy there or another top suburb anyway.  That wont be until Easter next year at the earliest. 

If you are really struggling to buy the report then for a small investment in some junior iron ore miners I think you will get  a good return if you buy now and sell after the price is renegotiated 30% higher in December hopefully.

@visualmagic
    Profile photo of AnrobelAnrobel
    Participant
    @anrobel

Hi …. just sent through a report to your pm … not residex…. but might be of interest

@visualmagic

Thanks for the collective bits and pieces of cool info guys! If anyone is keen to get something even fresher keep me posted :)
    This community is awesome and its fantastic to be a part of it.

[email protected]

@visualmagic

Anyone ready to move on this yet? Think we have 4 interested poeple so far, need at least 6 to have some fun with a report.
    Last call for now. Probably push for the SE Qld $210 report or potentially the predicted trends for $275.

[email protected]

Profile photo of mackarmackar
    @mackar

i may be interested… what sort of info do the reports generally contain?

I am in SEQ. so that may be interesting

cheers

Mackar

@visualmagic

The reports contain the top 100 SE Qld locations to invest with expected growth percentage vs rental yield per area. Very good info it seems but a little pricey for me alone.

Send me an email to discuss further.

Profile photo of Steve McKnightSteve McKnight
    Keymaster
    @stevemcknight

Hi,

Residex has been in contact with us and advised that such a scheme would amount to a breach of copyright.

I need to advise therefore, that such an idea, however practical it may seem is nonetheless illegal.

Any questions about this should be made to John Lindeman of Residex on 02 9409 0333

Thanks,

Steve McKnight | PropertyInvesting.com Pty Ltd | CEO
    https://www.propertyinvesting.com

Success comes from doing things differently

@visualmagic

Thanks Steve, I had already scrapped the idea after coming to the same conclusion last week.
    No purchase to residex was made by myself or anyone else in response to this suggestion.
    Cheers!

Viewing 18 posts - 1 through 18 (of 18 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. If you don't have an account, you can register here.