All Topics / Help Needed! / What do I do with Council Bully?

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Profile photo of trish01trish01
    Participant
    @trish01

I have owned a small caryard for the past 18 months and all of a sudden the council has sent me a letter saying that when the caryard was approved 30 years ago the plans showed a garden around the fenceline. A copy of the govt gazette from 1976 says something about commercial having a 3 metre garden.  The copy of the plan shows a garden on the outside of the fence but the guy at the council tells me the garden has to be on the inside which means basically there will be no room for cars.  No other properties in the street have a garden and with water restrictions it seems ridiculous.  What can I do?

Profile photo of Mortgage HunterMortgage Hunter
    Participant
    @mortgage-hunter

Perhaps write to your local member?  Or speak to the Mayor?  Or General Manager at the council.

No point talking to some low level clerk with an inflated sense of his own importance – talk to a decision maker.

Ciao,

Profile photo of trish01trish01
    Participant
    @trish01

Thanks Simon,  I plan to talk with local member tomorrow.

Profile photo of yarposyarpos
    @yarpos

gravel garden, couple of desert style plants, park your cars on it………you would think they had more to do,  your rates at work

Profile photo of trish01trish01
    Participant
    @trish01

I spoke with local member yesterday who said it was ridiculous and that she would look into it.  She had a similar problem a couple of years ago when a state dept tried to take land off another caryard just incase the road needed widening ( which it didn't)!  She said it took about a year before the dept left it alone.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. If you don't have an account, you can register here.