All Topics / Opinionated! / WARNING! Empowernet Advanced Real Estate Mastery

Viewing 20 posts - 21 through 40 (of 52 total)
  • Profile photo of cogdoccogdoc
    Participant
    @cogdoc
    aretm wrote:
    whats the diff bw DWD and DWD leadership?

DWD is where you get lectured to. Leadership is where you "give back" and basically support the people doing DWD. As Jim points out, certainly not for everyone!

Profile photo of wadsofatwadsofat
    @wadsofat

My first post – I just had to register to reply to this thread.

I've just finished the (now 3 day) AREM course with Empowernet in Melbourne 5-8 Jul 08. The 4th day was a field trip around 3 developments in Melbourne. One was "Northern Greens" in Pascoe Vale, then "Maya", part of Henry Kaye's Wyndham Waters, and nearby "Ecoville", most likely another Henry Kaye project.

http://maps.google.com/maps/ms?ie=UTF&msa=0&msid=107163132983752553914.0004519bf1dbff7f4e6ba

Steven Molnar was the speaker and yes, he's an energetic speaker who knows how to engage an audience – hell, he admits it: http://www.urbanlife.com.au/index.php?page=view_profile&id=803

But if anyone signed anything after 3 days of Steve repeatedly telling them to

1. do 3-4 months of due diligence
    2. not sign anything for which you cannot afford to service the loan
    3. take baby steps
    4. seek professional advice from your solicitor and accountant
    5. negotiate your own deal – as the best money is made on the way into the deal while there is still leverage,

they'd have to either have rocks in their head or be extremely well prepared.

I came to the event somewhat skeptical and expecting to be marketed to on the field trip, but came away with a lot more knowledge and awareness than I expected. Sure, and as expected, the field trip was a sales pitch, but I walked out with a very professional looking example of what a development should provide to prospective purchasers and how to market it. My experience was exactly the opposite of the first poster's: totally positive and very professional. I would urge anyone smart enough to read the fine print on a contract to attend.

From the content, I derived about 20 action items to perform before buying anything. Just 3 of them should help me realise around $10k per year in better use of funds to improve my cash flow. I was attending on a free ticket (buy 1, get 1 free) but even if I had paid the $5k or so to do the seminar, I should still have made it back by Christmas. The money I will save would have gone to the banks and the tax office due to my complacency and I suspect there are many other families who find life getting in the way and become complacent with their investments, only to find that what started out as a good thing has slowly and silently lost its competitive edge – but they may not get the opportunity of a free ticket to see what else is possible.

As for PrudentJuris' post above, I can't see any similarity to this event at all. There was no mention of investing $150k in some bizarre ticket trading scheme. I wonder if it may have been created by a jilted lover with a bad taste in her mouth to provide bad PR. Oooh – http://www.wyndhamcovemarina.com.au/marina/home/vision.asp – "A development by Prudentia Investments Pty Ltd" rhymes with "PrudentJuris". A single article from 9 months ago does not make a "blog" and using a forum to pimp your own products? …. What the?!?!

The only other vaguely useful post in this thread is the one by Iratus containing all the links – well, so what? Nobody forced my hand to sign anything. Maybe it was part of Empowernet's deal with Steve Molnar that if he agreed to be the speaker they had to at least allow the opportunity to sell to Empowernet's attendees.

Profile photo of newbi2newbi2
    @newbi2

yet another first time poster defending something. I am surprised there wasnt a sales pitch in here as well.

Profile photo of NoGuruNoGuru
    @noguru

I think that the warning is to ensure that any properties that you buy either directly or indirectly from these Empowernet guys will value up with a bank valuer sufficiently to enable you to settle. I understand that some buyers of properties in past projects such as the ones mentioned in wadsofat's post are struggling at the moment..!!!

Profile photo of IratusIratus
    @iratus

To Wadsofat
    Hope your post seminar experience of Empowernet is better than this………..
    http://cathwood.blogspot.com/

Profile photo of YossarianYossarian
    @yossarian
    Iratus wrote:
    To Wadsofat

Seminar junkie. Needs an intervention!

Profile photo of god_of_moneygod_of_money
    Participant
    @god_of_money

The property price bought @  "Northern Greens" in Pascoe Vale, then "Maya", nearby "Ecoville"  will DOUBLE every 7 years….
    Didn't you know that? Blue chip investment (sarcasm)

@iratus
    Profile photo of dcurrandcurran
    @dcurran

Anyone seen the Virtual Real Estate "courses"  being run by Empowernet and Shivam Technology? These are essentially buying old web sites, spending time (too much time I think) to "renovate" and boost traffic to them, and then handing them back to Empowernet for a fee.
    I signed up for the $3000 programme, was grossly disappointed from day 1 with the materials and lack of advice/instructions supplied. Not only that when I tried to get answers, I had probably 1 in 10 emails responded to. I received about 30% of the materials I paid for, and I did manage to stop payments half way through.

I have been requesting (at least a partial)  refund on my outstanding $1500 for weeks now, as well as not being paid for a couple of websites I did actually do some work on. If I do get a response it is usually to check "if I'm sure" I want to withdraw from the programme.  It looks set to drag out again…..
    Not doing anything more with Empowernet – funny – I was sceptical from the start – but took the punt.

Profile photo of VijayGopinathVijayGopinath
    @vijaygopinath

I am wanting to know how to jump head first into the real estate market and get my feet wet while still making money. I do not have any experience what so ever, just a real urge to get into this market! I want to take classes but, I really don't know what I need to take 1st and I want to start on my associates degree as a at-home work study but, I'm not sure what employers are looking for as far as education in the real estate world other than Business Admin. I hope there are some real estate guru's on here to help a sista out! Thank you in advance!

Profile photo of shevangshevang
    @shevang

Yes my husband and i attended the 2 day free seminar and loved it best one ever, so we signed up for the 5 day course in melb but realsied after the 3rd day they were just trying to sell their properties and it was working for many people, couldnt believe our eyes and ears. Ended up claiming their money back refund guarantee luckily and as for the cost to fly from Perth well we were going to melb anyway to look at properties so it was ok.

We ended up buying land on our own and a 4 x 2 house (building for $307,000) 15 mins from melb city where as they were  spruiking 3×2 townhouses for $450,000 each and they were selling like hotcakes couldnt believe it!!!

Stay away from them!

– Angela

Profile photo of OrderThroughChaosOrderThroughChaos
    @orderthroughchaos
    Xenia wrote:
    What did it cost for the 5 day seminar?

About $6,500

@orderthroughchaos
    Yossarian wrote:
    Iratus wrote:
    To Wadsofat

What you failed to mention was Cath Woods connection to PG Constructions and Empowernet

@orderthroughchaos

PLAYGROUND CONSTRUCTIONS PTY LTD  are ILLEGALLY AND KNOWINGLY EVADING THEIR TAX OBLIGATIONS UNDER GST LAW.

Should any members of the A.T.O. Tax Evasion Referral Department read this thread, please feel free to PM me so I can forward the evidence to you.

What Playground Constructions are doing is they are asking for a $4,500 deposit to be sold an over priced poor build quality home in Melbourne, in which they are supposed to include G.S.T. and additionally they are supposed to provide clients with a tax invoice. If they do not do this at the point of sale they are legally obliged to do so within 30 days of written notice by the client.

They failed to charge GST which is ILLEGAL as they are a registered company registered for GST and  they failed to provide a tax invoice automatically and within 30 days of written notice by the client.

So to all of you Henry Kaye, Steven Molner supporters out there, do not bother trying to protect these people, they are criminals not only illegally evading their ATO obligations, but also SCAMMING thousands of wanna be investors every year.

@orderthroughchaos

IRATUS,

Thank you so much for sharing this with us. I can't stop laughing, especially the bit that says,

Burnett also appeared to be preoccupied with another tax-related matter during the week. The Empowernet managing director was in Federal Court disputing a bankruptcy notice that was served on him on June 25 by the Australian Tax Office. Empowernet shares were steady at 2.9c yesterday, slightly down from their June 2007 listing price of 50c.

What a coincidence, I was just talking about a related matter a minute ago.

And a $7,000,000 LOSS.

Well to all of you Playground Constructions/Empowernet supporters out there, learn a lesson from this because what you have witnessed here is the law of KARMA!

You see you can only screw  people for a certain period of time before it comes back to hit you.

Every DOG has HIS JUDGEMENT DAY!

Learn from this, there is much more to come yet, there is a nice storm brewing as their affiliates are about to find out.

@iratus

To OrderThroughChaos.

Please contact me via PM.

Regards
    Iratus

@orderthroughchaos

Ahhhh thank you.

I didn't know this, but I do know Cath Woods. She was doing a whole lot of dodgie building projects in Adelaide  not so long ago. I ran into some of her 'X' trades people and builders and I heard quite a few interesting stories about how she was requesting them to carry out illegal non compliant building work, not paying trades people and screwing the end buyer by selling them a bodgied up lemon. Funny she appeared on A Current Affair or Today Tonight in a stunning EXPOSE too.

Small world.

See again… She had her day… She got punished… EVIL deeds ALWAYS comes back to you…!

And a 'BIIIIIIIIG KISS' to you Mrs Woods if you happen to come across this post.

OrderThroughChaos wrote:
    Yossarian wrote:
    Iratus wrote:
    To Wadsofat

What you failed to mention was Cath Woods connection to PG Constructions and Empowernet

Profile photo of loranloran
    @loran

Hi, I was just looking for info on Playgound Constuctions to complain to the ACCC about them refusing to return money to me, when I found this forum.
    Steven Molnar was connected with 21st Century Academy – a gifted speaker who conducted talks at their seminars.

21st Century Academy also had dealings with Playground Constructions…who bought out a business from 21st CA. it lead to my being refused my money back, even after 21st C A promised that they had Playgrounds uphold the pledge to return money at any time. 21st CA failed to communicate with me after many communications about it from myself.
    21st CA also promoted Lifestyle Trader…. I wasn’t all that impressed with them either – another story though.

Profile photo of NoGuruNoGuru
    @noguru
    loran wrote:
    Hi, I was just looking for info on Playgound Constuctions to complain to the ACCC about them refusing to return money to me, when I found this forum. Steven Molnar was connected with 21st Century Academy – a gifted speaker who conducted talks at their seminars. 21st Century Academy also had dealings with Playground Constructions…who bought out a business from 21st CA. it lead to my being refused my money back, even after 21st C A promised that they had Playgrounds uphold the pledge to return money at any time. 21st CA failed to communicate with me after many communications about it from myself. 21st CA also promoted Lifestyle Trader…. I wasn't all that impressed with them either – another story though.

The boss at Playground is Ozzie Kheir. His email is [email protected]. The company address is 2 Drewery Lane, Melbourne. Good luck.

Profile photo of shevangshevang
    @shevang

Hi, I have contacted Today Today about these people – Empowernet and Inner Circle Property groud (all behind Playground Constructions)… I want my $4500 back that I paid Inner Circle to source properties… didnt think they would be there own properties!!!  overpriced spruikers! 

If anyone out there also has experience with them, please contact me ASAP on [email protected]
    Totday Tonight needs as many stories about them as possible!! Lets stop these guys!

– Angela

Viewing 20 posts - 21 through 40 (of 52 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. If you don't have an account, you can register here.