All Topics / Help Needed! / town house with loft vs apartment

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Profile photo of lollipoplollipop
    @lollipop

is there a reason why no one is responding to my help question??? would really appreciate some help.

am a first home buyer and I am looking at a loft townhouse 79sqm2 in total (includues the 19sqm in loft). I am looking at this as opposed to buying into an apartment, hoping the land value will be more of an asset than buying into apartments, what do people generally think of lofts?
    Reading this forum has been very helpful in my research, thankyou to eveyone who contributes.

L

Profile photo of FireflyFirefly
    Participant
    @kiz

I am no expert but it would say it really depends on your reasons for buying. Are you buying as an investment to rent out or as a PPOR to live in yourself. If it is a PPOR it comes down to personal preference and what you can afford. If it is an investment property, you should really compare prices of similar sized apartments and the rents of both. Townhouses are usually still strata titled so you still have to pay strata fees and still have to comply with strata laws.  In my experience, townhouses seem to fetch a higher price however whether or not their capital growth is any better than that of a unit in the block right next door, i couldn't say.

I really think you have to look at the overall return you would get and the fees you would have to pay on a quaterly basis. Good Luck

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. If you don't have an account, you can register here.