Register Now for My Free Live Training Series!
Viewing 7 posts - 21 through 27 (of 27 total)
  • Profile photo of yarposyarpos
    @yarpos

Pity it degenerates into yet another east vs west, my suburb is better than your suburb so there! type rant.  Thought we might actually learn something

Profile photo of THEHEATHTHEHEATH
    Participant
    @theheath
    blogs wrote:
    THEHEATH wrote:
    Blogs, did I read right, you think Edgewater is nicer than Williamstown? And to answer your question I was only as recently as two weeks ago working in the edgeater estate. A palm tree and some ashphalt next to a dirty brown river doesn't make a place a great place to live. It makes it less shitty than it could otherwise be, but that doesn't mean it's good. Anyway, I'm sure it'll make you some good money regardless so invest away.

You sure do have a complex-dirty brown river??? WTF just goes to show you havent even been there-I'll take some happy snaps for you and email or post them here if anyone knows how? ANd for the record I think Edgewater is nicer than Willy-that is of course unles you have as oft spot for the refinery and comission houses. Otherwise E/W is much better on the eye-has beautiful views of the city, beauty river, parks and running tracks…but of course you wouldnt know any of this because you probably didnt even get out of the car? Anyway Im happy becasue the way to make money is to go against the sheep…baaaaaa baaaa baaaa

Oh I’ve been there, in fact I was there again yesterday.How silly of me, I had forgotten the dirty big powerline towers that dot the area too! Never mind, at least you’ve got an Aldi.

There is no refinery in Williamstown, it’s in Altona. And funny you should mention comminssion houses because all of the area surrounding edgewater reminds of the housing commission areas of west heidelberg.

For the record, Williamstowns has city views, parks and running/walking tracks too, all with ocean views! Much better on the eye? Well… I guess if you don’t like beautiful victorian era architecture and the like then you won’t be pleased with what you find. Geez, I haven’t even had time to mention the many fantastic resaurants, cafes and watering holes….don’t worry, I think there’s a pokies place with a lovely ambience just up from edgewater that does a counter meal. Enjoy living on your old ammunitions dump. Kapow!

Profile photo of beaniemonsterbeaniemonster
    Participant
    @beaniemonster

If you have driven around the refinery 'theheath' you will find it is NOT Altona at all.  It borders on Altona North and is closer to Williamstown North than Altona.  It may be near Seaholme, but not the heart of Altona.  It's a bit like 'Altona Gate shopping centre' – it isn't Altona at all, but Altona North once again.  It's a bit like people saying they live in williamstown…. well…. there's Williamstown and then there's Williamstown isn't there?  A selected few streets which pull the rest up to this status which is 'Williamstown'.  I seem to see a lot of Kia's and Hyundais parked in driveways though.  Could it be people mortgaged themselves to the hilts just to have that 'Williamstown' address.  Well i can still drive to all those nice restaurants and cafe's in under 7 minutes and then come back in my luxury car to my big block of land with my inground pool and spacious 3 car garage.  Now that's living! and we aren't even close to 40 yet. 

Profile photo of THEHEATHTHEHEATH
    Participant
    @theheath

^^ Yes you are correct, it is in Altona North! My point was that it isn’t in Williamstown as claimed. As for edgewater, had the pleasure of being there again today. Some dodgy ashphalting in that place. We had a stillage with some steel in it, a bit of weight but nothing too drastic… after we had emptied it we found that the legs of the stillage had sunk a good few inches into the asphalt. there was a few sizeable holes in the ashpalt, I mean it was 32 degrees, but still….

Profile photo of blogsblogs
    Participant
    @blogs
    THEHEATH wrote:
    ^^ Yes you are correct, it is in Altona North! My point was that it isn't in Williamstown as claimed. As for edgewater, had the pleasure of being there again today. Some dodgy ashphalting in that place. We had a stillage with some steel in it, a bit of weight but nothing too drastic… after we had emptied it we found that the legs of the stillage had sunk a good few inches into the asphalt. there was a few sizeable holes in the ashpalt, I mean it was 32 degrees, but still….

lol omg ashplelt that sinks when pressure it applied in extremly hot conditions-never heard of this happening before-I should really let all the manufactures that sell disks to put under motorcycle stands so that they dont sink into ashphalt know that they will actually be able to sell some now lol

Heath I couldnt really care less-I will be the one laughing to the bank in years to come, you seem to forget that it was probably short sighted people like yourself that used to bag Williamstown as a hole not all that long ago. Im here to make money, not to impress people with my postcode lol  If you want to buy somewhere and pay at the top to impress your friends then good for you, I would rather buy in places that clearly have a ton of potential-Footscray is another area that people like you would look down there nose at, funny though becasue I have made $200k there in the last 14 months alone, I 'll drive my Ferrari down to Willi so I can feel cool :)

Profile photo of willfongwillfong
    @willfong

To the original question. Yes there will be some apartments. They are now releasing townhouses on the right slope between skyline drv and hillside avenue, most of these townhouses have city view and are quite expensive (700k+), the few smaller ones at the bottom without views are 450k+. From what I heard from the lady at the sales office, next stage after this will be higher density residential on the other (left) slope, apartments.. no dates yet. Get on their mailing list http://www.edgewater.com.au/ if you want to be notified of future releases. They are also rebuilding the area around their old sale office and building more shops there. There aren't any lands left after that AFAIK so that should be the final stage.

Profile photo of LeilaLeila
    @leila

Hi All,
    A general note on Maribyrnong (not Edgewater). Be cautious when purchasing in close proximity to the Maribyrnong River as much of the adjoining area is flood prone – can usually tell these spots by low house prices and not much redevelopment. Can find out where the flood plain is by looking at the Land Subject to Inundation Overlay either at the Council offices or at http://www.dse.vic.gov.au/planningschemes If you aren't concerned about the flood plain being there, there are also limitations on redevelopment and you can find out more about this from Melbourne Water.

Edgewater is NOT flood prone. Much work was done by the developer to ensure this is the case.

Have a great day!
    Leila

Viewing 7 posts - 21 through 27 (of 27 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. If you don't have an account, you can register here.