Register Now for My Free Live Training Series!
Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 27 total)
  • Profile photo of TMilleryTMillery
    @tmillery

Hi guys,

Just wondering if anyone has any advice on the edgewater development in Maribyrnong. I've heard its booming.

Does anyone know if there will be apartment buildings there as well?

Profile photo of Scarecrow7Scarecrow7
    @scarecrow7

Hi,

Not sure about apartments – you should visit their display or if unable then give Mirvac a quick call or visit their project website. I visited the estate earlier this year and the mix of architectural styles wasn't to my entire liking. You can tell that some designs won't date gracefully. It's probably booming but so is the rest of inner Melbourne and the west.  All the ugly ducklings in the west up to Maidstone is now pretty solid, and a friend of mind says he's seeing buyers coming from the east of Melbourne because they've been priced out there. And the Docklands office factor will certainly add to the buyers seeking the inner west.

Profile photo of blogsblogs
    Participant
    @blogs

The place is a goldmine IMHO-where else within 7 k's of the CBD can you buy a 3-4 bedroom house on the water with parks, ovals, trees, running tracks and quiet and off the main roads for under $700k!!!! I would definately be buying there-I have and love it!!

Profile photo of TMilleryTMillery
    @tmillery

I've been driving there quite a fair bit and the overall I'm impressed with the way it's going. Will definitely look into buying there… thanks guys!

Profile photo of Michael4Michael4
    @michael4

Hi tmillery,

Just make sure that you do abit of research as suburbs on the west and north closer to the airport noise levels will never do as well as the properties on the east and south east!

Just take a look at what happened in sydney and everything will be much clearer.

It is not only proximity to the CBD that is important, but location, type of people living in the area, type of dwellings etc…

I'm not saying that the place won't go up in the long term but there are definately better locations in melbourne then the one on the river side.

cheers,

michael

Participant
    @blogs
    Michael4 wrote:
    Hi tmillery,

Just make sure that you do abit of research as suburbs on the west and north closer to the airport noise levels will never do as well as the properties on the east and south east!

michael

Lol you mention research-you obviously have done none!!! Have you ever even been there? As we all know as soon as you step a centimetre over the western border all of a sudden noise and pollution are amplified lol

Seriously what 'research' have you got showing aircraft noise at Edgewater? I am actually an ex commercial pilot and Edegwater isnt even under a approach path for Tulla, thus an overhead aircraft are just as close to there as they are to say…Toorak, plus at that distance they are normally around 5,000 feet-hardley a noise problem…ahh you do actually realise where Edgewater is do you? Soo funny…..

Profile photo of srobinssrobins
    @srobins

As suggested, I would do my research on the area first.. I have friends who rent there (near Highpoint) and have had their house broken into twice in the last 6 months…

Profile photo of beaniemonsterbeaniemonster
    Participant
    @beaniemonster

i agree with you blogs about peoples perception on the west being quite way off the truth.  I love the one where 'Altona' smells like a refinery!  Well i've been there for over 3yrs now and although i'm not near the refinery i'm a few blocks from the beach and i have never smelt it ever!!!!!  we get the bay breezes and it blows the smell to altona North.  Sorry a bit off topic but i too get sick of peoples unfounded opinions on the west! oh and lets not forget the sun in our eyes to and from the city, lol.

sorry just really had to vent that… back to your original topic.

Participant
    @blogs
    srobins wrote:

As suggested, I would do my research on the area first.. I have friends who rent there (near Highpoint) and have had their house broken into twice in the last 6 months…

You kiddin me? A house somewhere actually got broken into? Twice? Oh my god heaven forbid this ever happens in the east lol Just wait for the day you actually have crime in the eastern subburbs lol

Jokes asside of course there will be some crime-you have a lot of nice house with nice goodies-just like there is a lot of break ins in Glen Waverley etc due to people making the trip up from Mulgrave and Springvale…now go stick your head back in the sand sunshine:)

@srobins
    blogs wrote:

You kiddin me? A house somewhere actually got broken into? Twice? Oh my god heaven forbid this ever happens in the east lol Just wait for the day you actually have crime in the eastern subburbs lol

Jokes asside of course there will be some crime-you have a lot of nice house with nice goodies-just like there is a lot of break ins in Glen Waverley etc due to people making the trip up from Mulgrave and Springvale…now go stick your head back in the sand sunshine:)

Nice try sport, but I don't live in the east.

They have only lived there 6 months and their house has been broken into twice.  Does it mean anything?  I dunno.  That why I suggested to DO YOUR RESEARCH FIRST about the area, but you seem to take it a bit personally.

Participant
    @blogs
    srobins wrote:

Nice try sport, but I don't live in the east.

They have only lived there 6 months and their house has been broken into twice.  Does it mean anything?  I dunno.  That why I suggested to DO YOUR RESEARCH FIRST about the area, but you seem to take it a bit personally.

Research ya say? Anyone with a little intelligence and who has actually done some research would know that areas with nice house and therefore nive contents get robbed-I even went to the trouble of doing some 'research for you!! Gee shock horror the eastern suburbs show MORE break ins than the west in many cases….shock horror!!!

Postcode

Postname

Burglary rate per X households*

Collingwood

Deer Park/Caroline Springs

Fitzroy

Braybrook+North

Abbotsford

Malvern East/Darling/Caulfield E

Parkville

Carlton North

Footscray West/Maidstone

Sunshine+North+West/Albion

Footscray

East Melbourne

Carlton South

Delahey/Hillside

Clifton Hill

North Melbourne

Melbourne City

Bentleigh/McKinnon/Ormond

Narre Warren North+East

Officer

Craigieburn/Donnybrook/Kal Kallo

Richmond/Burnley

Malvern/Kooyong

Camberwell/Hartwell

Hawthorn/Glenferrie

Yarraville

West Melbourne

St Albans+East+South/Kealba/Kings Park

Brighton/Brighton Middle/North

Northcote

Ascot Vale/Maribyrnong

Werribee+South/Derrimut

St Kilda

Heidelberg West/Heights

Elsternwick/Gardenvale

South Yarra

Toorak

Hampton

Kew+North/Studley Park

Preston+East

* Based on 2003/04 Victoria Police Crime Statistics and 2001 ABS Census data for number of occupied households. Suburbs with less than 500 occupied households have been excluded

OMG Toorak has got a higher break and enter rate than Maribyrnong-quick run for the hills!!!!! lol now where was I …..oh thats right go stick your head back in the sand sunshine :)

Profile photo of tchtch
    Participant
    @tch

Has anyone got a link for more recent stats like this (the above ones are from 2003/04)? I'm not disputing the west is no more worse than some eastern suburbs argument, I just want these kinds of stats. I remember there was one car insurance site where you could extract some of these stats by changing the suburb you were housing a car in but it took too much filing out!

I live in the north and there are some suburbs here that have pretty bad crime rates. Looking at the above list it seems to be a mix of dodgy outer suburbs (in all directions), a couple extremely wealthly and supposedly 'affluent' ones (that are targeted for obvious reasons) along with a lot of urban suburbs on the fringes of the city in all directions (many of whom used to be classified as rough areas but have gone up heaps in value largely due to their proximity to the CBD).

Profile photo of THEHEATHTHEHEATH
    Participant
    @theheath
    beaniemonster wrote:

i agree with you blogs about peoples perception on the west being quite way off the truth. I love the one where 'Altona' smells like a refinery! Well i've been there for over 3yrs now and although i'm not near the refinery i'm a few blocks from the beach and i have never smelt it ever!!!!! we get the bay breezes and it blows the smell to altona North. Sorry a bit off topic but i too get sick of peoples unfounded opinions on the west! oh and lets not forget the sun in our eyes to and from the city, lol.

sorry just really had to vent that… back to your original topic.

You probably can’t smell it because of the over powering stench of rotting sea weed on your beach!!

Participant
    @theheath

Anyway, if you’ve got 700k to spend I’d be heading to Williamstown or even some parts of Newport to have a look at what you can get. Much nicer than Marybrnong.

Participant
    @blogs
    THEHEATH wrote:
    Anyway, if you've got 700k to spend I'd be heading to Williamstown or even some parts of Newport to have a look at what you can get. Much nicer than Marybrnong.

We are talking about Edgewater specifically, and compared to Williamstown I think it is much much nicer. You live in Williamstown thouhg dont you-they dont have any seaweed there?

When was the last time you took a drive through Edgewater, or a walk/run along the path on the river? SUre is nice around the race course and is also nice towards the Anglers…

Profile photo of beaniemonsterbeaniemonster
    Participant
    @beaniemonster

lol 'theheath' well i have a cold at the moment so can't smell much, but the council spend i think (don't quote me) around $40k per year cleaning it up every morning with a tractor so i honestly don't smell it.

I'd rather that than the attractive high rise commission flats in williamstown (they make for a lovely view).  oh and lets not forget williamstown officially has one of the most dirtiest beaches in the bay. 

I think Maribrynong is undervalued for it's proximity to everything, i think it has a long way to go to make it really appealing to live their though (with a young family i mean).  good investment for the future – i say yes.

and yep the angler taven has very nice food, very nice asset for the area and love the parks for the kids.

Participant
    @blogs

Im still finding it funny how after I did some 'research' and found that Toorak has a higher crime rate all the knockers have gone quiet??

Participant
    @theheath

Blogs, did I read right, you think Edgewater is nicer than Williamstown?

And to answer your question I was only as recently as two weeks ago working in the edgeater estate. A palm tree and some ashphalt next to a dirty brown river doesn’t make a place a great place to live. It makes it less shitty than it could otherwise be, but that doesn’t mean it’s good. Anyway, I’m sure it’ll make you some good money regardless so invest away.

Participant
    @blogs
    THEHEATH wrote:
    Blogs, did I read right, you think Edgewater is nicer than Williamstown? And to answer your question I was only as recently as two weeks ago working in the edgeater estate. A palm tree and some ashphalt next to a dirty brown river doesn't make a place a great place to live. It makes it less shitty than it could otherwise be, but that doesn't mean it's good. Anyway, I'm sure it'll make you some good money regardless so invest away.

You sure do have a complex-dirty brown river??? WTF just goes to show you havent even been there-I'll take some happy snaps for you and email or post them here if anyone knows how? ANd for the record I think Edgewater is  nicer than Willy-that is of course unles you have as oft spot for the refinery and comission houses. Otherwise E/W is much better on the eye-has beautiful views of the city, beauty river, parks and running tracks…but of course you wouldnt know any of this because you probably didnt even get out of the car? Anyway Im happy becasue the way to make money is to go against the sheep…baaaaaa baaaa baaaa

@srobins
    blogs wrote:
    Im still finding it funny how after I did some 'research' and found that Toorak has a higher crime rate all the knockers have gone quiet??

It wasn't the results of your "research", or even that you had bothered to do any.  I just don't care enough to argue with you.  You win, you're the big swinging d*ck.

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 27 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. If you don't have an account, you can register here.