All Topics / General Property / Martin Ayles Seminar

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Profile photo of TheShoulderGuyTheShoulderGuy
    Participant
    @theshoulderguy

Just wondering does anyone have any comments about the Marty Ayles seminar that was held in Adelaide over last weekend. I personally didn't attend but would have loved too so maybe next year he may do another one??
    Would be interested what forumites thought about the content and value of the development knowledge and tips outlined during the seminar.
    Also, is the develoment checklist available online here at PI.com?

Any comments??

Profile photo of Aj_RichoAj_Richo
    Participant
    @aj_richo

Hi MadProperty,

I went to the Seminar and I can tell you it was fantastic! I wanted to do the Seminar back in March 07, but missed out by 2 days.
    The special guest speaker was a great surprise and was for me the right speaker at the right time… (nope I ain't going to reveal who it was… you may get the same one or someone else)

A lot of the information you could probably learn along the way, but it was useful to get it from his perspective as someone who does development every day. Marty is a down to earth guy, and doesn't mince words.. what you see is what you get, and the bus trip is the highlight. We visited 7 or 8 sites from basic to complex… he has had a few battles along the way, I did a bit of research yesterday and found some Council documents highlighting a little to and fro he had with one Council.. was interesting to me anyway, as we had been over that particular site.

You have to remind yourself that Marty has been doing it for 10 years and has a great system. Where you benefit is that you can modify what he has provided to suit your circumstances and build your own system to suit. Leon Madigan also provided his secret "Leons Business" flow chart to tie in with Marty's information. A lot of it is common sense stuff once you go over them.

Marty's checklists (as is the workbook) are copyrighted so they wouldn't or shouldn't be available on the PI site for general use.
    If you get the opportunity to go to one next year, probably around March 08… my advice would be to do it if developing/subdivision is an area you'd like to progress to, and are unsure on how to do or start.
    For me, I am a nuts and bolts person ,and get bogged down in the fine detail  "how do I do this bit" ,  Marty's advise is to just get on with it, so I have no excuses now!

Best Regards
    Tony

Profile photo of TheShoulderGuyTheShoulderGuy
    Participant
    @theshoulderguy

Tony, mate thanks for your wrap on the seminar. I too get caught up with the intricacies and should "just do it" but I am please that you have gotten something out of it and can recommend it for next time. I am keen to start down the subdivision/development pathway but want to start small so hopefully I can catch the next one early next year I hope.

Good luck mate

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. If you don't have an account, you can register here.