All Topics / Help Needed! / New Investor to Property market Any Help Appreciated.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Profile photo of jack04jack04
    @jack04

Hi

I am new to property Investment game full stop, I have been investing in the stock market for some years and have both a personal loan and margin loan and from about March 2008 should be neutral geared but I was hoping to cash in some of my shares to buy my own house or apartment in the first half of next year.

I am interested in investing property probably from the buy renovate situation after a old mate told me he got in with a group of guys who buy whole blocks of flats renovates them and holds each flat is then transfered into an individuals name he has now got 12 units.

I also have issues with the current round of interest rate hikes and have read another forum that mention Steve suggesting waiting until June 2008 – CAN SOMEBODY GIVE ME MORE INFORMATION ON THAT PARTICULAR NEWSLETTER ALSO?

THANKS

Profile photo of hschmidhschmid
    Participant
    @hschmid

Hi Jack, welcome to the forum.

U will find this to be an excellent platform for knowledge and possible contacts.

As a newbie, just read and search threads of interest.

There is feedback for most questions.

There are some great success stories, like yr friend, there are also tales of sorrow.

Enjoy the journey of discovery

Profile photo of MasihMasih
    Participant
    @masih

If you can join his bandwagon then go for it. If you're gonna do it all by yourself without any prior experience then you could be in trouble. Renos are not as easy as some TV shows make it look like. You need to do alot of planning and budgeting, finding the right property, right material to fix it, right people to help you. If you get it all wrong then you just wasted all your time and money for nothing.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. If you don't have an account, you can register here.