All Topics / General Property / Is Brisbane Starting to Fizzle???

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Profile photo of HandyAndy888HandyAndy888
    @handyandy888

Recently, I have noticed a trend where houses went to market and sold within a few days in Brisbane, especially northern areas. In the last two to three weeks however, this trend seems to be slowing down and houses are not moving (not on re.com.au anyway)…am I right? Are people hanging out for the election? It makes me think I may need to consolidate….

Profile photo of Matthias88Matthias88
    @matthias88

Something to look at is that we are nearing Christmas and we have the election coming up.

Right now is when things start to slow down in my area… Park Ridge.  We find that our major Chinese investors leave Australia until late February.

This is for our large acreage in the Urban Footprint though. 

With regards to residential, 600m2-450m2… I don't think we slow down too much, however people buying now need to realise that they really only have till Dec 20 to get Contracts moving.  Our solicitors all tend to shut up shop from Dec 20 to 12 January (please note this is very generalised).

We're still moving properties in the less than 350 bracket fairly quickly, less than 280 and they go in an hour or so.

It is possibly very different for agents in other areas.

Cheers

Matt

Profile photo of millionsmillions
    Participant
    @millions

The listings are lasting longer.  I think in another few months it will take off again.

Profile photo of HandyAndy888HandyAndy888
    @handyandy888

Yeah, exactly, listing are on there for ages…..not many under contract, has this small bubble we've been enjoying finally burst???

Profile photo of annianni
    Participant
    @anni

Our friends' house went under contract after 15 hours on RE.com.au – week before last.  For the asking price & it was a good price…
    A.

Profile photo of cnnbothacnnbotha
    Participant
    @cnnbotha

I am new to property investment and would like to know what the major concerns are for property investors?

Profile photo of millionsmillions
    Participant
    @millions

anni – what suburb

Profile photo of annianni
    Participant
    @anni

North Lakes & Mango Hill – very busy area!!!  Another went in 4 days, another in 1 day…. 

Profile photo of kelbrenkelbren
    @kelbren

I bought a 2b/rm unit in Annerley with double garage, 2 bathrooms for 330k in Sept 07. Identical unit sold at 1st open house on week end for 350k….since July 4 units have sold in the block and have all have sold at the first open house. Prices have risen from 305k in July to 350k first week in November. From what I can see at least the unit market close to the CBD is going along nicley and I can't see it slowing in the near future.

Cheers
    Kel
    Profile photo of L.A AussieL.A Aussie
    @l.a-aussie
    cnnbotha wrote:
    I am new to property investment and would like to know what the major concerns are for property investors?

The numbers, the numbers, the numbers; can it make me a pos cashlow after tax,
    decent tenants/property managers,
    good cap gain in short/medium term,
    to a lesser degree interest rates as the interest is tax deductible, so the impact on you is smaller than owner occupiers.

Profile photo of HandyAndy888HandyAndy888
    @handyandy888

OK, perhaps I should list my house now…..Kingston, 3brm brick on 900m, tenants in place, wanting 320K…any agents interested???

Profile photo of Tysonboss1Tysonboss1
    Participant
    @tysonboss1

I don't think that the northern brisbane area growth is a bubble that may burst I believe it is a constant surge that my slow and speed from time to time, but the fundamentals pushing the surge are better than anywhere I have seen in australia,… ever.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. If you don't have an account, you can register here.