All Topics / Help Needed! / External Plumbing Costs for two Units

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Profile photo of chpropdevchpropdev
    Participant
    @chpropdev

Good morning,

I was wondering if there are any developers out there, or friendly plumbers, who could tell me if I am being fairly charged for the connection of two units to the Council mains, sewer and storm water drains.  Each unit is two bed/one bath.  The first unit is at the end of a straight 32m drive which is not yet sealed.  The second unit is 12m to the side of that unit.  The block is flat.  I would have liked to have got more than one quote for this job but unfortunately, for a variety of reasons, I haven't been able to.  The price quoted is $12,000.  Has anybody got any experience as to these costs?

Also, I would be very willing to pay a qualified plumber to review the quote in conjunction with the plans to see if the quote is fair.

Any help greatly appreciated.

Andy

Profile photo of Bob AndersenBob Andersen
    Participant
    @bob-andersen

Hi Andy,

I'm a developer not a plumber but perhaps the quote included the fees Council charge for connection to a live sewer. This fee can vary greatly from council to council but in my part of the world is about $3,500 per unit. With sewer being about $100 per linear metre that would equate roughly to your quote.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. If you don't have an account, you can register here.