All Topics / General Property / Geraldton WA – diamond in the rough

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Profile photo of tresertreser
    @treser

Hi all

Any thoughts on Geraldton, WA.  From what I've been reading and researching I think not only has it boomed in recent years but contrary to the rest on the WA housing market, is about to start another min boom.

Interest in this area has already started with more and more chatter about a start date for the oakajee port project.  It looks like by the middle of next year things will start moving in a serious way – maybe a 20-40% jump in prices.

Especially for the lower end of the market there are some good units between the $150-200,000 mark with fairly good rent return.

Good times are here again !!

Profile photo of millionsmillions
    Participant
    @millions

i'm not sure that Geraldton is the best place to purchse right now.   I think Perth units within 5k's of city would perform better.  Geraldton sounded good to me till i visited and realised how windy it was.  And you really need  to be careful which suburb you invest in.  I wouldn't go for the cheapest suburb, I would only invest in centre if I could get a good buy.

Profile photo of Mikey PMikey P
    Participant
    @mikey-p

Hi
    Geraldton did boom about 18 mths or so ago…but I don't think she has finished yet. With all the mining activity in the midwest and the port there's only one way it can go (my opinion only do your own research).

I invested on the beach front two years ago in Kempton St. We have recorded exellent capital appreciation to date and yes I believe there's heaps more to come.

I am not endorsing Geraldton but I am investing there.

Cheers Mikey

Profile photo of jjamesjjames
    @jjames

Looking at a block of land coming up south of Moresby.  140k in the first release.  I need some local knowledge on this area.  Proposed subdivision looks good, new proposed primary school etc etc… Is this an up and coming area for development?

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. If you don't have an account, you can register here.