All Topics / Creative Investing / science of property options

Register Now for My Free Live Training Series!
Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 24 total)
  • Profile photo of here to learnhere to learn
    @here-to-learn

has any one been to a 2 day workshop with science of property options and what was your outcome sounds interesting but for 10k i want more than interesting

Profile photo of Bob AndersenBob Andersen
    Participant
    @bob-andersen

Hi,

I've seen the ads and website since they first started advertising. Anyone would think they had just 'discovered' options. I've been using them for 25 years. An hour with a good property lawyer will teach you plenty about options at about 4% of the cost.

Jenman also had something to say about them

THE HEARTY DROVER'S PIE

Stay away from 'The Science of Options'.

by Neil Jenman

Lately, you may have noticed some big advertisements which make strong claims about a three-hour property investment seminar. Something to do with "property options".

According to the ads – which appear in many of the major newspapers and take up full-pages in Australian Property Investor magazine – you'll be shown a "unique strategy" on how to control "multi million dollar" properties with "minimum risk and maximum return!".

The three-hour seminar costs $47 per person (or $57 for two). And, of course, it all comes with a "100% Money Back Guarantee!".

It's all supposed to be about sharing a "closely guarded system".

It's hard to believe that anyone, these days, can fall for such con-cliché garbage.

Okay, so what's the story with this mob?

Well, the seminar is simply a "sell" to attend another seminar apparently costing up to $30,000 per person – that's the one where you will supposedly discover the "real" secrets.

The advertisements do not mention the name of the presenter. He is simply referred to as "your presenter". The reason his name is not mentioned should be obvious. He's dodgy.

His name is Zaffar Iqubal. Sometimes the name Khan is added which then makes him Zaffar Iqubal Khan.

His company name is not mentioned either – there's just a web site http://www.sop.com.au

S.O.P. means Science of Options. That's a common spruiking ploy – make something seem scientific and then charge mega-thousands for revealing the secret of the science.

Well, there's no secrets offered here other than that Zaffar Iqubal has been twice bankrupted for failed business ventures and was, according to the authorities, also banned from being a company director in Australia.

He operates out of Queensland (another shady character giving the Sunshine state a bad name).

Zaffar took his dodgy suck-em-in seminar to Western Australia a few weeks ago. He didn't realise that the west has the best consumer protectors in the country. As soon as they got wind of him, they quickly issued a warning to consumers.

WA's Consumer Protection Commissioner, Patrick Walker, basically told Zaffar Iqubal to get out of the state – sort of like an old western sheriff.

So Zaffar high-tailed it back east in search of easterners to suck-in with his dodgy claims.

Tonight (June 12) he's presenting his seminar at the Gold Coast (and, again, on July 2).

Our strong recommendation is that you avoid this spruiker. He just wants your money – thousands of it.

Oh sure, it looks like $47 for the 'intro' seminar is a good deal. It's not.

For $17 less, you can do something we highly recommend.

Go to Arch's Restaurant at Mariners Cove on Seaworld Drive, Southport (opposite the Sheraton Mirage; just behind the Hogs Breath Café). Phone 07 5532 6380.

For $30, you can have the "Hearty Drovers Pie".

That's our excellent recommendation. Try it. It's the most delicious feed you'll ever have.

So, there you go – a full tummy and a full wallet by staying away from Zaffar Iqubal and his laughably named 'Science of Options'.

Profile photo of PtialvPtialv
    @ptialv

Thanks a lot….Bob

Really good insight into SOP.

Thanks a lot here to learn as well as it made me learn about SOP HOW GOOD THEY ARE in stealing money.

Cheers,
    Bharat.

Profile photo of Quantum LeapQuantum Leap
    Participant
    @quantum-leap

As quoted by Jenman

Bob Andersen wrote:

" Well, there's no secrets offered here other than that Zaffar Iqubal has been twice bankrupted for failed business ventures and was, according to the authorities, also banned from being a company director in Australia."

The only piece of useful information that Jenman offers here is that Zaffar (whom I have heard speak) was bankrupted and banned from being a company director.

It may be worthwhile if contemplating dealing with SOP to ask the question "why was Zaffar banned from being a company director"? However what is so wrong with the guy failing in business ventures? Many people (successful and otherwise) have failed at business ventures!

Take Jenman's sceptism with a grain of salt. He's mainly interested in promoting fear, and using real estate agents who are Jenman certified.

And by the way, the course doesn't cost "up to $30,000" that is just garbage.

No issue with you Bob, you just put up the quote….

Rgs

QL

Profile photo of 33333333
    Participant
    @3333

I have attended Zaffars 3 Hour Seminar and 2 day workshop The Science Of Property Options at Brisbane CBD the Novotel Hotel.

The coures cost me $3500 which i paid in full, before i decided to do the coures i did some reasearch on Zaffar and found out that he was only bankrupted ONCE not twice or three times like Mr Neil Jenmen has Quoted .

To hear it from the horses mouth (zaffar) in relation to his bankruptcy i contacted him via, his website and he gave me his mobile number and was very happy to talk to me. Once we started to talk Zaffar sounded genuine, i asked if i could schedual a meeting with him and again he was very accommodating he booked an appointment the next day to see me. i Found Zaffar to be a very honest man and humbled he opened his heart to me even though i had only just meet him .

I consider myself to be real cautious in nearly everything i do, Anyway i made the decision to attend Zaffars 2 day workshop and was on the edge of my seat the entire time, it was informative, productive, form the heart, honest, and genuine Zaffar is the kind of guy that if he tries to lie you would see straight through him, he dose not promote himself to be any kind of presentor or speaker he is just there bacically telling his story and using his trials and tribulations as a system that his has formulated that works.

Zaffars concept is based on determination and doing the work like all other buisness.One of the biggest gains you get from Zaffars 2 day workshop is that you obtain the rights to use his completly legal ONE page call option deed, which if you tried to create with your solicitors from scratch will cost you more that $10,000 to do.

English being Zaffars second language he wanted to understand what conditions were included or needed in an call option deed. And formulated one that the vendor will understand, and can not be coned into signing something that they will regret later, he has illuminated all the legal fancy words and included plain english were all of us can understand.

My opinion of Zaffar is that he is determined to succsed the right way and has a brilliant mind, will help you the entire step of the way. 

Over the past few months i have been associated with Zaffar on a regular bases, and have found out that the department of consumer protection in WA has admitted that Zaffar was  bankrupted once only .

I realy do think that pepole with great respect in this industy like Mr Neil Jenmen should realy do there homework  before trying to defame or ruine the reputation of a man who is realy trying to make an honest living.

To anyone out there, I am sure that Zaffar will be willing to sit with you, including Mr Neil Jenmen and answser any quetions that you might have about his 3 Hour Seminars , 2 Day WorkShops and Personal Life anytime and anywere.   

Thanks.

Profile photo of Michael 888Michael 888
    Participant
    @michael-888

Great first post 3333.

Whilst what you say may well be true, with a first post that blows the trumpet of someone else and more than once just for emphasis, how about you engage us with your own experience of the course aside from the one page deed……worth 10 Grand

How many deals have you done?
    How much does the data feeds required to source and perform DD cost?
    How much time do you allocate to source your deals?
    What's your strike rate?
    Where do you operate?
    What's your specialty….resi, commercial, industrial….???

I never baulk at spending money on my education, however rather than blow bugles for others, I ensure that I have contributed more to the community than a promotion on my first post and having joined that same day…….how far back into the archives did you go to find this thread to respond to when the last post was in Jan this year; nearly nine months ago.

Surely you can understand my (and no doubt others) sceptisism.

Profile photo of hicksyhicksy
    @hicksy

Hey 3333,

Sounds like you may well be Zaffar!!! English you say was not his first language well it appears it's not yours with all the spelling mistakes.  I'm very happy to learn from others and understand that if you pay the money that it would be unfair to expect you to give the main information of the seminar but it just sounds like a bit of a scam to me.  

Profile photo of tess85tess85
    @tess85

3333 is definitely dodgy! Grrr for people who come and open up a long-lost thread, thus spamming all of us :(

Profile photo of MovementAJMovementAJ
    @movementaj

Hi, I've done the course and the hard yards required to make it work. I have signed up 5 option contracts. thats the "easy part". the hard part is employing the professionals to do the required due diligence on each property.

Funnily enough Zaffar and his inexperienced team are more than willing to do a JV or put money into the deal to "help" you the student. Then they sift through deals which they may profit from then ignore struggling students.

Keep your money and go and see a good options lawyer. It will be cheaper and less frustrating.

Participant
    @michael-888
    MovementAJ wrote:
    Hi, I've done the course and the hard yards required to make it work. I have signed up 5 option contracts. thats the "easy part". the hard part is employing the professionals to do the required due diligence on each property.

Funnily enough Zaffar and his inexperienced team are more than willing to do a JV or put money into the deal to "help" you the student. Then they sift through deals which they may profit from then ignore struggling students.

Keep your money and go and see a good options lawyer. It will be cheaper and less frustrating.

Kudos for your honesty, MovementAJ.

What state are you operating in?

Profile photo of Duncan123Duncan123
    @duncan123

Hi, has anyone done buisness with Massland? r they the same as the company mentioned above?
    cheers,
    Duncan

Profile photo of eldrednieldredni
    @eldredni

Massland charged over $4000 to attend one of their seminar,  I have had bad experience dealing with theM. I was told some  misleading information just so the salesperson could get a sale. Not happy!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1

Profile photo of Duncan123Duncan123
    @duncan123

So has anyone else delt with a good property investment company that they would recommend?
    Im not suprised that about the misleading information comment as I have found getting a straight answer out of some of these types can be quite a challenge.

Also back to Massland what is the risk and reward to us personally as investors?

Participant
    @michael-888

Duncan,

the risk is your funds and more importantly your time. Have a read of the thread below and that should answer your questions. There are folks that make money out of options. Are they simple?…….Yes. There is a process and a system and you follow it. Are they easy?……..No. Easy implies lazy. So they are simple, but not easy. They are hard work and one needs to commit the necessary time (your risk) to source deals and negotiate and add value by way of planning permits, DA's and the like and then onsell the option to the end buyer/developer/builder, etc.

https://www.propertyinvesting.com/forums/property-investing/creative-investing/4324169

Profile photo of upsidedownbinupsidedownbin
    @upsidedownbin

I think that if you intend to be taught by any person on any form of finance, make sure they practise what they preach, this SOP thing might be great,
    but it also might be just a sales scam, This Zaffar fellow, if he is wealthy and has attained that wealth from DOING WHAT HE TEACHES
    YOU TO DO, and only then will you even think of getting his advice, Warren Buffet once said "Wall St is a place people drive to in their
    roles royce's and get advice off people who ride the subway.", Make sure a person giving you any form of financial education is doing what they teach

Thanks.

Profile photo of aaronbyerleeaaronbyerlee
    Participant
    @aaronbyerlee
    Duncan123 wrote:
    So has anyone else delt with a good property investment company that they would recommend?
    Im not suprised that about the misleading information comment as I have found getting a straight answer out of some of these types can be quite a challenge.

Also back to Massland what is the risk and reward to us personally as investors?

I have done Massland course with Mark Rolton. I paid $8,000 for the two of us to attend. It was mind blowing. Yes Property Options is not new (although most of the general public do not understand it at all), but this information done Mark’s way is a must to see if you really want to make not only a living but a fantastic financially free living.

Since doing the course I have made 2 option deals in Sydney, 1 in Adelaide, 1 in Melbourne and now looking at a few in QLD. In these market times it has never being better to negotiate an option with a property owner.

After doing the course with Mark you can join up and do a JV program with Massland which is free to join. This is mind blowing…….. You find the deals, do initial negotiations and Massland close the deal and get this – they pay for ALL DA costs. When the project is finished you get 20% of profits and Massland get 80% which a lot of the time works out almost the same amount, but we have 0 risk. Let me recap – We can now buy a $100 Million dollar property with an option for $0 of our own money and $0 risk – walk away whenever we want, it is our option. I have never seen a lower risk, higher return strategy in my life (and I have looked at a lot)

So far I have made $950,000 (from my 20%) in the last 12 months since doing the course.

So I would defiantly recommend considering his course. They give you everything to succeed. Webinars, RP Data for $150 per month (normally a couple of grand per month), tele classes, Google maps, own plans etc etc etc.

As for the other Property Options guy – I can’t comment as I have not done his course but Jenman bags anyone having a go. He is the typical tall poppy Aussie. As with anything including Massland – you do nothing after the course and you will make nothing. You apply the knowledge and I believe there is no better “option”

Check them out here if you like: https://www.propertyoptions.com.au/freedvd.php?AF=DmlZo6TwRO7qCLSvh3RF4SAq9GgqMSk2hVeoV73oPMs=

Profile photo of keikokeiko
    Participant
    @keiko

here to learn. thats alot of money to waste at a seminar. your better of putting that $10k into a property. or pick up the phone book and go and see 3 lawyers 3 accountants 3 brokers etc which will probally cost you $1,500 and you will learn more from these people than you would at a seminar
    but thats only my thoughts and i havnt red what others have posted

Profile photo of Matt007Matt007
    @matt007

aaronbyerlee:
    I'm curious to know if you have actually been paid $950K and Massland have actually done DAs and onsold the options?

Participant
    @quantum-leap

Wow, just read the above post.

These forums can attract some interesting folk can't they?

QL

Participant
    @quantum-leap

Zaffa, is that you again?

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 24 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. If you don't have an account, you can register here.