All Topics / General Property / Lomas’ Destiny financial company

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Profile photo of madeinitalymadeinitaly
    @madeinitaly

Hi,
    Has anyone had experience with Margaret Lomas financial company. I read a cpl of her books and her advices appear quite grounded and logic. I think she has an office in Melbourne but before wasting my money I would like to receive some feedack from those who tried her services.
    Your wisdom is always appreciated.
    Andy

Profile photo of v8ghiav8ghia
    @v8ghia

There have been quite a few posts on Margaret Lomas , including a recent one on her company/buisness 'Destiny Financial Solutions'. Do a search and you will find some more info – a lot of varied opinions of course as you get, but certainly advocates property (moreso CF+) as a way to successfully having 'growth assets & building wealth.
    Her books and stategies do indeed present well.

All the best.

Profile photo of XeniaXenia
    @xenia

What are your goals? She targets a specific audience so you need to know how they can help you!!!

She advocates very safe and passive investing and the requirement of income to fund property which is negatively geared but becomes positive or neutrally geared after tax. That means that it depends on tax benefits and income to fund the shortfall.

Her strategy is great if that's what you want to do! It will be a big waste of money for someone like me to go and see them. I don't have an income and I like to buy more than 2 properties per year. I also like to create positive cashflow properties before tax

That's why it is important to know what your own goal are before sourcing advise of any sort whether it is this or any other seminars!!!

Profile photo of RobLRobL
    @robl

There be all sorts of comments on this site coverin this subject … some may be right .. some may not be .. is all an individual thing … I do use Destiny as one of those I seek advice from .. I also read everything I can get my hands on … am very much a Somers/Lomas hybrid I guess … Xenia is right .. a lot does depend on your strategy (and Somers would says something about fruit cakes .. all different ingedients … still fruit cakes and often taste just as good) … the one thing Jan S and Marg L (among others) are very good for is reality, discipline and defining your approach .. whatever may suit your circumstances .. (at the risk on teaching one to 'suck eggs') until you understand what you do with what you currently get – its pretty difficult to understand how a strategy is relevant to you … Destiny, for (what I thought was) a small fee, will do a general projection and so on of potential – based on info you provide em …. from where I sat, t'was a good approach, good advice and so BUT … someone else's strategy wasn't (and isn't) mine … ya gotta OWN it, see it, taste it .. understand the steps you need to take to acquire … though Destiny – and others no doubt – are a great, and necessary, first step (in our case second – we did the fin planner thingy first) …

Here – and on many other sites .. alotta good advice (and a lot of nonsense) .. though often (and no offense all) its difficult to know what be genuine and what be not … folks advertising THEIR wares in the byline really take away from the frankness of the statements …

We used a fin planner (for OUR finances – understanding what we do with what we get) … then we used Destiny (understanding what someone else might think we should do with what we get) … and we read – EVERYTHING from all over … from deciding property was the way we would go … to sorting out our budget .. to understanding what a strategy MIGHT look like … to reading what other strategies MIGHT look like .. to sorting out OUR strategy – we see it .. we taste it .. we understand all of it  … AND researching props and areas etc took eight months …

Many will roll their eyes at that :-) .. is OK .. they did with Edison too :-)

But then … we closed out our third today .. we've focussed on simply doing what OUR strategy is … our lender/s tell us this afternoon we can have some more money .. nice folk .. (as Gump might say – one less thing to worry about) … seems we've wobbled past some figure of income .. must also be a good thing as my wife burst into laughter … we also wobbled past a Mill in props, and owe a third of it … but is all relative and all individual …

Do YOUR thing … read, learn and dispute heartily … talk and post to all … but take your own advice at the end of the day :-)

It pays :-)

Have bored all enough .. be well folks.

Profile photo of madeinitalymadeinitaly
    @madeinitaly

thank you guys for having taken the time to voice your advice… really appreciated.

Profile photo of RobLRobL
    @robl
Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. If you don't have an account, you can register here.