All Topics / Help Needed! / Frankton North or Frankston

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Profile photo of OmnifashionOmnifashion
    @omnifashion

Hi there,

I am not sure if I should spend less money and invest in Frankston North or spend more money and invest in Frankston. I understand that Frankston North has more commission housing, hence it is a cheaper area.

Can anyone please give me some advice on this?

Profile photo of yarposyarpos
    @yarpos

Frankston has been kind to us over the last couple of years, exceeding our expectations.   Its really hard to answer your questions without any info in regard to your aspirations, budget, constraints etc.   

We have a place in what some people would think was Frankston North/Karingal, but is in a newer development and attracts tenants easily at a good rent.  A kilometre or two away, across a golf course, things look a little tired and dowdy and of course cheaper.  Great place to hunt down fixer uppers ,  but we arent in that game at the moment.

Profile photo of OmnifashionOmnifashion
    @omnifashion
    yarpos wrote:

Frankston has been kind to us over the last couple of years, exceeding our expectations.   Its really hard to answer your questions without any info in regard to your aspirations, budget, constraints etc.   

We have a place in what some people would think was Frankston North/Karingal, but is in a newer development and attracts tenants easily at a good rent.  A kilometre or two away, across a golf course, things look a little tired and dowdy and of course cheaper.  Great place to hunt down fixer uppers ,  but we arent in that game at the moment.

Thanks for that! At the moment we are getting a buyer's advocate to scout around the Frankston area…     :)

Omnifashion

Profile photo of salacioussalacious
    @salacious

Frankston has been good to me to, i know that it is very active at the moment with all the infrastructure ( Eastlink, Marina,etc) I hear that the  perth investors are buying quiet a lot of property and subdividing and developing.Once the interest rates turn around in 2009 -2010 we will see some big gains. Its close to all facilities that you would need and it is very close to the bay side
    e. This is all my opinion.

Profile photo of OmnifashionOmnifashion
    @omnifashion

Thanks very  much for sharing your opinion with me. :)
    I know quite a few good things about Frankston. But, I am not sure if Frankston North is as good as Frankston.
    Just wondering if you know much about Frankston North? Thanks.

Profile photo of JimlpJimlp
    @jimlp
    Omnifashion wrote:
    Thanks very  much for sharing your opinion with me. :)
    I know quite a few good things about Frankston. But, I am not sure if Frankston North is as good as Frankston.
    Just wondering if you know much about Frankston North? Thanks.

This is not advise, but some information that may be of help regarding Nth frankston. I have been living in frankston/karingal for 15 years. And i have seen amazing consistant growth rates in the 7 years in most surround areas of frankston.

For many years, North Frankston has always been recognized as having the most  down town low-down image. Especially the Pines.  But there has been some significant improvements made to the areas that needed attention for many years, and i was suprised to hear the significant growth it has experienced in these last few years.

A friend of mine bought his home there 5 years ago at  $70k, and after having helped him prepare his home for sale he told me his real estate agent had just evaluated it at $245k. Big jump, in comparison to karingal, frankson and sth frankston areas which growth rates have slown down. And I hear more improvements are in plans such as new shopping amenadies etc. Sounds like a good area to invest into. But my only concern is not getting the kind of tenants that will respect the property if you decide to rent it out. Just take care in scanning your prospect tenants.

Hope this may be of some help.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. If you don't have an account, you can register here.