All Topics / Help Needed! / Two Units One Title

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Profile photo of James007James007
    @james007

I'm currently looking at a property that has two, 2 bedroom units on it but on the one title is it possible to sperate them so they have their own title?? if so what is involved?? also they both have their own street frontage. Any help would be grealty appreciated.

Profile photo of JONCHUJONCHU
    @jonchu

Hi James, TODAY, hehehehehe, you will pick up the phone and call the local council where the property is located and ask the question. There are some requirements that vary from council to council in order to be able to strata title a set of units. I have done this in the past and that phone call solved my problems.

Maybe it is just a mater of paying the council fees and doing a couple of minor things like “separating” the electrical, a bit of plumbing, etc.

Make the call, happy investing

Profile photo of s.r.props.r.prop
    @s.r.prop

James – the regs may differ depending on what state you're in.  In Victoria in order to subdivide the property you'll need to engage a land surveyor who will prepare a plan of subdivision (no such thing as strata in Vic).  He will then apply for a planning permit to subdivide the property whilst simultaneously lodging the plan for certification.  The application will be referred by the Council to a number of authorities (water, drainage, electricity etc….) who may impose certain works, requirements or fees to be paid.  Once the requirements of the relevant authorities have been satisfied the Council can issue a Statement of Compliance which is then lodged with the Titles office.  New titles will then be issued.

Hope this helps

Profile photo of James007James007
    @james007

Thanks for the response guys that clears that up, need to make some calls. Even if i cant seperate them i think they would still be a good buy.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. If you don't have an account, you can register here.