All Topics / Finance / DESTINY FINANCIAL SOLUTIONS

Register Now for My Free Live Training Series!
Viewing 16 posts - 21 through 36 (of 36 total)
  • Profile photo of contessacontessa
    Participant
    @contessa

Hi Nonnie,

Why not go and have a free consultation with your local Destiny Branch and then you can decide.

Profile photo of kokjhoonwongkokjhoonwong
    @kokjhoonwong

Hi Guys. I too have considered Destiny. I think her branch is pretty good.

Just wondering whether anyone have a contact for a investor group in Sydney CBD. Would love to do more regular meetings with like mind people.

Profile photo of sam2009856sam2009856
    @sam2009856

Do you want me to add my comments now :> lol

It all depends on your strategy.

I have 1) read all of Margaret Lomas's books 2) attended many seminars 3) seeked finance advice from her brokers.  Although they may offer sound advice for older people close to retirement, mums/dads or cautions investors…  I do not find their plan or advice to fit what I am  personally looking for.

I do not want to take 50 years to accumuldate wealth and they tend to look at property portfolio's as a superannuation fund whereas I am building a portfolio to obtain financial freedom young.

They are for the cautious, mum and dad investor.  If this fits your strategy, then why not… if not, I would say search for something else.  There is plenty out there to choose from.

Good luck!

Profile photo of gooseheadgoosehead
    Participant
    @goosehead

Hey guys,

This $3000 fee is that for the finnancial plan as apposed to just approaching them for refinancing?  What other Planners have you approached?  I have had 1 group approach me over the phone that have some good ideas but I have not had a chance to research yet any one else been in this situation?  They have a similar structure to Destiny from what I have learnt so far.

Profile photo of gooseheadgoosehead
    Participant
    @goosehead

Sorry I should add the company that rang is Australian Property Directions

Profile photo of bradjebradje
    Participant
    @bradje
    goosehead wrote:
    Hey guys,

This $3000 fee is that for the finnancial plan as apposed to just approaching them for refinancing?  What other Planners have you approached?  I have had 1 group approach me over the phone that have some good ideas but I have not had a chance to research yet any one else been in this situation?  They have a similar structure to Destiny from what I have learnt so far.

Destiny is good if u need a push to get started in investing in property. After your first couple of IP's you will probably go it alone….
    JB

Profile photo of Wealth AccumulatorWealth Accumulator
    @wealth-accumulator

Hi Nonnie

If you are still out there I would be interested in knowing what path you took.  Did you use Destiny Financial Solutions and/or did you seek the advice of a financial adviser that can advise on all investment opportunities not just one?

Being a financial adviser myself I am always interested in knowing why or why not potential investors do or don't seek advice rather than finding a investment provider that suits the potential investors bias.

Hope whatever you did went well.

Profile photo of NonnieENonnieE
    @nonniee

Hi Wealth Accumulator,

I didn't end up joining Destiny Financial Solutions as a client, however I did you their mortgage brokering services.  I felt that after reading most of Margaret Lomas' and Steve McKnight's books and some others that I had gained a lot of information and was ready to start investing without their help.  However, I still haven't bought a property because I am procrastinating too much.  I think this is just about to change though.

Nonnie

Profile photo of Wealth AccumulatorWealth Accumulator
    @wealth-accumulator

Hi Nonnie

Don't worry there are plenty of procrastinators out there! Nothing to be ashamed of. 

There are many opportunities out there – hard to make decisions – causes procrastination.

In the end I can guarantee one thing – do nothing and your future will not improve from a financial security point off view, do something and you can at least say – I gave it my best and I am better off for it.

Don't die wondering what could have been.

Part of our role is motivating people to action and keeping them motivated through the situations life throws at them. 

There are no guarantees in life other than death and taxes.

It is all about using your resources to the best of your ability and then being satisfied that you tried your best.

Yours in wealth and lifestyle.

Profile photo of NonnieENonnieE
    @nonniee

Thanks Wealth Accumulator for your encouraging words.  I'm sure once I buy my first property the rest will be a bit easier!

Nonnie

Profile photo of Chief BandogChief Bandog
    Participant
    @chief-bandog

Well it appears that Destiny Financial Solutions are now advertising on the Gold Coast. Thanks to their Gold Coast Director who is now calling himself a property investment educator????? but wait he has also spent $32,000 on education and personal development…..I feel so safe now that he has spent all that money on education (sarcasm)… funny he does not mention he is a financial advisor or member of the MFAA or any financial body… but when one of his revolutionary ways to educate yourself if you have no money is to go to a library and read….WOW this guy knows his stuff…. sorry for all the sarcasm but I am truly sick of seeing these so called experts that have no qualifications or are able to say they themselves are real time investors (not just a single investment property but an entire portfolio of more thasn 10) telling the public that they can make them money just sign up… I thought after the whole Henry Kaye situation that we would see the last of the spruikers in the property market… but low and behold here comes Destiny Financial Solutions… give me and the public a break from this garbage!!!!!

Profile photo of Richard TaylorRichard Taylor
    Participant
    @qlds007

Very susscintly put Debden……wholeheartedly agree.

Richard Taylor | Australia's leading private lender

Profile photo of god_of_moneygod_of_money
    Participant
    @god_of_money

Hei debden
    I like your post…
    I guess that they only use Margaret Lomas as a selling point, otherwise just bunch of crapt
    There is no regulation.. therefore make it hard to prosecute them

Profile photo of kerenkeren
    Participant
    @keren

I know this is an old post but my husband is wanting to join up. It now costs $8000 or so for the the full package or $2000 roughly just for the training and no support… We have read all the books etc we have one IP already mainly seeking structuring advice. Any advice would be great.

Profile photo of Jacqui MiddletonJacqui Middleton
    Participant
    @jacm

Hi Keren

A broker that is clever from the perspective of assembling a portfolio would assist you with restructuring for no charge.

Note that my comment is about restructuring of loans as opposed to “structuring” though.

Jacqui Middleton | Middleton Buyers Advocates
    http://www.middletonbuyersadvocates.com.au
    Email Me | Phone Me

VIC Buyers' Agents for investors, home buyers & SMSFs.

Profile photo of TerrywTerryw
    Participant
    @terryw

mainly seeking structuring advice. Any advice would be great.

<i class=”rw-ui-like-icon”></i>0<i class=”rw-ui-dislike-icon”></i>0

<i style=”border-right-color: rgba(153, 153, 153, 0.5);” class=”rw-ui-info-nub rw-ui-info-outer-nub”></i><i style=”border-right-color: rgb(255, 255, 255);” class=”rw-ui-info-nub rw-ui-info-inner-nub”></i>Rate this

Only lawyers can give structuring advice. Top lawyer would be cheaper.

Terryw | Structuring Lawyers Pty Ltd / Loan Structuring Pty Ltd
    http://www.Structuring.com.au
    Email Me

Lawyer, Mortgage Broker and Tax Advisor (Sydney based but advising Aust wide) http://www.Structuring.com.au

Viewing 16 posts - 21 through 36 (of 36 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. If you don't have an account, you can register here.