All Topics / Help Needed! / Final Inspection Tips

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Profile photo of lostielostie
    @lostie

Hi everyone,  I have recently purchased my first IP and will be conducting the final inspection before settlement.  I would appreciate any tips on what sort of things I should be checking for.

The vendor is going to stay on as a tenant for the next 12 months so I will not have an opportunity to see the property properly again for another year.  Should I check that all appliances work etc, things that one would not normally check but should.

thanks for all comments

lostie

Profile photo of raddlesraddles
    @raddles

Hi there when you do the final inspection you are checking that what you are buying corresponds with the contract.

I once acted for a couple who had purchased a home with some beautiful leadlighting in windows – they went back to check before settlement and the leadlighting had been removed.  There was obviously problems with the settlement thereafter which was finally resolved by a reduction in the sale price (as the leadlighting was on a ship back to England).

Other things to check are items like TV antennas if that was part of your contract.  Dishwashers etc

As to checking that everything worked, did you check any of that sort of thing previously and did your building inspector also check things? You normally have to have things in a reasonable condition during the contract period and no drastic deterioration.  Thats what you should be checking.
    thanks

Profile photo of lostielostie
    @lostie

Hi Raddles, i did have a building and pest inspection prior to purchase.  TV Antenna is a good one i never thought of that but tht was not mentioned in the contract.  Something to look out for next time i guess.

thanks for the tip

lostie

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. If you don't have an account, you can register here.