All Topics / General Property / Tassie investing ‘club’

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Profile photo of FragglesFraggles
    @fraggles

To all those Tassie investors…

Im looking to start regular meetings to get together like-minded people to discuss investing – specifically property.  Maybe meeting once a month? Be a great place for networking and support.

If your interested, please contact me at [email protected]

Rachel

Profile photo of tuggerwaughtuggerwaugh
    Participant
    @tuggerwaugh

Sounds good… I am currently living in the NT but have 2 IP in Tassie along with family and friends. I get back once or twice a year for a month or so and it would be great to learn more. Will you be geeting guest speakers or would it be more general discussion? cheers

Profile photo of madeinitalymadeinitaly
    @madeinitaly

Hi Guys,
    Very interested in Tassie market and its CF+ property I ve hard Zeehan is a good area. What is your feeling about the place?
    Any other interesting areas u aware of?
    Thanks 

Participant
    @tuggerwaugh

My partner and I have two properties, 1 in Sandy bay and the other in Kingston Beach. I hear so much about problems with investing in Tassie but I can't see based on reports why Tassie cant be a successful place to invest. Lets hope Tassie continues to grow…cheers

Profile photo of PeteJackiePeteJackie
    Participant
    @petejackie

Hi Rachel,

Some months ago a couple of us got together and organised a get together in Hobart. We managed to get Melbourne based Mortgage Broker Rolf Schaefer down as guest speaker. It was a huge sucess, we had about 25 people there.

I actually talked to a couple of the others today about organising the next get together for Thursday 22nd November. We are looking at dinner and a chat without a guest speaker this time. Just a chance to get to know other like minded people. We were thinking of Irish Murphys in Hobart as they have a great private room we can use as long as we are eating there.

I normally post all the details on PI.com as well as Somersoft. We also have a mailing list and email details of meetings out direct to anyone who wants to be on the list. Let me know if you would like me to add you to the list. Also we can always use more help in the organising side of things if you are interested.

Cheers,
    Pete

Participant
    @tuggerwaugh

G'day Pete…
    I would love to go on the mailing list. Living in the NT at the moment but would like to continue to invest in Tassie properties. Will be down in December and January so hopefully there may be another meeting. Is the Tassie market as bad as everybody says? We have properties in Sandy Bay and Kingston/Kingston Beach so hopefully its still all good.Cheers
    Chris

Participant
    @petejackie

Hi Chris,

Send me a PM with your email and I will add you to the list.

I think Tassie is pretty good shape. You mightn't get the capital growth that you get in some other areas, however the yields can be quite good.

Cheers,

Pete

Profile photo of FragglesFraggles
    @fraggles

Thanks heaps to Pete!

Looking forward to the meeting in November.

Cheers.

Participant
    @petejackie

Chris,

Let me know your email so I can add you to the list.

Even if there isn't a meeting when you are down, let me know a week or 2 in advance and we can catch up for dinner or a drink. We did this recently when Anita from Melbourne came down to check her latest development. I emailed everyone on the list and a few of us caught up with her for dinner.

Cheers,

Pete

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. If you don't have an account, you can register here.