All Topics / Heads Up! / Insight Financial Group

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Profile photo of L.A AussieL.A Aussie
    @l.a-aussie

Just saw this article on the Jenman website.
    Beware out there people.

FAKE FINANCIAL ADVISORS

It's a common con trick.

Regarding your article on The INSIGHT GROUP…

I invited this mob of shysters into my home thinking they were a financial advisors group.

I picked up that something was wrong when they said I would be driven to some properties. I thought, "Hey, that's what real estate agents do."

They wanted me to sign up for this $200 evaluation where you spend time at their office. [This is where they say they will go through finances and come up with a plan].

I looked briefly at their form and saw the spot for credit card details. I told them I would ring them and make an appointment.

They insisted I sign now even if I have to change my appointment. I refused. The discussion kept going around this point for a further 45 mins.

I started to get upset. They continued on and on laying guilt trips about my financial future.

I said firmly that I was not signing and if they kept pushing me, I may do nothing at all.

One of the them was a trainee. They seemed both so determined to walk out with my signature even after I asked them to leave several times.

They persisted for another 40 minutes or so. I had been told they would be coming for 45 mins to an hour and they stayed for over 2.5 hours.

I looked at the contract for booking the consultation. The back page stated something about being liable to a tribunal hearing if you cancelled the appointment even in the 10 day cooling off period.

What a shonky group of people. I wasted 2.5 hours of my valuable time. I feel a little cheated but I am glad I did not fall for their conniving tricks.

Thank you for your alerts about these shonks.

RESPONSE

Well done on telling them to get out of your home. And good on you for seeing through their pretend financial advisors ploy (a ploy used by plenty of rogues to sell over-priced property)

And don't feel cheated, feel delighted.

At about the same time as we received your message we heard from a couple who did not kick The Insight Group out of their home back in 2005.

As typically happens with those caught in the Insight scams [edited], this couple ended up being stitched into an over-priced property.

The repayments are now so high and the value of the property is now so low (compared with the price they paid) that this couple is in real danger of losing their family home.

The moral of this story is simple:

If you kick The Insight Group out of your home early enough, you won't run the risk of losing your home later.

Profile photo of propertypowerpropertypower
    @propertypower

thanks Marc, for posting stories about such shonksters

Profile photo of SuperSleuthSuperSleuth
    @supersleuth

This thread is a little old now but let me bring members up to speed with Trent Richards (previously CEO of he Insight Group).  As some will know Trent liquidated the Insight Group of Companies in early 2008. Later in 2008, Trent still had some money tucked away from the Insight Group, as he purchased a helicopter from the USA. See this You Tube clip he has posted  
    [ http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iHaoG8mCAJ4&feature=fvsr ]

He disappeared for a while but then popped up again in Darwin hiding in the background of a new company called "The Illumination Group" After that was exposed he set up another company (with a puppet director of course) and called it "Property Finance Investment' 
     [ http://www.pfinvestment.com.au/ ]

I have also seen conclusive evidence that Trent and his father [Tony Richards] are heavily involved in this company now as well.
     [ http://www.myusaproperty.com.au ]

A few days ago Trent posted this testimonial about himself which is so full of half truths it's not funny:
    [ http://trentrichards.wordpress.com/2011/01/28/hello-world/#comments ]

You will notice how he makes a lot of his experience and successes with the Insight Group but fails to mention that it went broke owing a lot of people,( including staff) large sums of money. <moderator: delete personal comment>

You really need to do some serious digging before getting involved with some of these companies as the real directors and decision makers can be lurking in the murky depths within, and not easily distingushable at first glance.    

Profile photo of raffycraffyc
    @raffyc

this is not the first suspcious thing i have heard about myusaproperty

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. If you don't have an account, you can register here.