All Topics / General Property / Michael Yardney’s Book: A must buy

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Profile photo of chilliaachilliaa
    Participant
    @chilliaa

Guys just want to point out michael yardneys book 'growing a multi million dollar portfolio in your spare time'.

This is one of the best books i have read since the original jan sommers books, which are now a bit dated.

Great job Michael, the book was instructional, yet also pointed out the potential pit falls of property investment.
    I especially liked the story about 2 people buying property, one in the late 80's and the other in the early nineteys.
    Possibly very relevant to potential new commers in todays market.

Just one point though Michael at the start of the book you mention the difference between buying high capital growth/low yield against low capital growth/high yield

I think this was a bit misleading as you assumed rental increases matched capital growth increases.  This does not necessarily occur.  Apart from that ive got no complaints.

Profile photo of kum yin laukum yin lau
    @kum-yin-lau

Hi, I've had an email reply from Michael when I asked about property devt. Unfortunately for me, he operates in Melbourne & can't help me but I was really impressed by him. I have looked at his web site & followed his views on this forum.

I like his authencity. I also like Steve Mcknight's down to earth approaches. They have the validity of being correct.

I'll buy Michael's book if I find it on the shelves. I just finished reading "Pay back time"

Cheers,
    Kum Yin

Profile photo of chilliaachilliaa
    Participant
    @chilliaa

just make sure its the right one, there is another book called something like 'millionaire property investors secrets exposed'.  While it has one chapter on michael yardley, there are a number of chapters on some other so called property investors, who if you do a google search on them, might be shonkey in their business practices.

Personally i dont think Michael should have contributed to this other book, because if some of the other people end up being suspect of shadey activities, Michael could receive negative publicity (guilt by association).

Profile photo of hanna_alitahanna_alita
    @hanna_alita

yo, i have just finish Micheal's book 2, before reading on to Steve's book. I have to agree with you that it is a great book and Micheal did a great job in explaining things. No offense but in Steve's book, sometimes i found some terms that are a bit hard to understand.

However, i am just very new to property investing, and after reading Micheal's book, my big question is not answered so i kept on reading. I found Steve's strategy very comfortable, may be because i love and read quite a few books of Robert Kyosaki.

And finally, i big "hello" to everyone :D

Profile photo of islandgirlislandgirl
    @islandgirl

I think the important thing with any of these investment books is to understand the underlying strategy and expected outcomes of that strategy.  To fully understand the strategy you must also understand the pitfalls as well.  I believe that unless you understand cashflows and research property growth and the tax implications you can get into serious trouble.

You need to also have some idea of your goals and outcomes so that you can pick one or a combination of strategies that work best for you.

Profile photo of pgf2pgf2
    @pgf2

Hi,
    Does anyone have old DVD's of Henry Kaye, Paul & Danny Hanna, Ed Burton etc.
    Am looking to purchase for research.
    Please email me at:   [email protected] 

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. If you don't have an account, you can register here.