Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Profile photo of Zoe JonesZoe Jones
    @zoe-jones

Has anyone got any good ideas for fencing for a cornerblock in a rough area?
    Have been told by local estate agents/builders that colourbond just gets kicked in/graffitied, and that roll top mesh or loop top mesh is the best option. Has anyone out there any ideas for cheaper fencing?

Profile photo of JONCHUJONCHU
    @jonchu

I Zoe, I live in an area (corner block) that even though I would not classify as a rough area, I have a lot "traffic" from the local pub, my fence gets kicked, schooner glasses smashed on it, drunks crashing on it and the odd rock every now and then. When I bough it, it was an investment property that later on became my PPOR, we had to fence it and we had 37 linear meters (fencing lingo) to do. I got my “standard” 3 quotes and Colorbond came at $60- $65 per smq installed and all. Then I got 3 quotes for a wooden fence (lapped and capped) and was a cheaper option, at $45 per sqm. After two years, the wooden fence is holding well and looks great. In regards to the “urban painters” of this world, I got a huge one not too long ago. This is what I did: we had it covered by a dark wood finish, one of those that helps the wood, etc, etc. I sanded the graffiti area and proceeded to put some more of the finish. It did the trick. I am sure there are other options I hope this helps,  Good luck

Profile photo of mackarmackar
    @mackar

how about an electric fence??? if vandals are hanging around damaging properties???? (joke)…

seriously though what about a "Tilt" fence made from pre cast concrete panels…the panels come in up to 6m panels at 1.8m high… simply stand up on concrete piers… the installers use a crane to place… & prop up to support  over night… it's not the cheapest but is good value for a masonry  type fence… very solid…may have to paint every now & again if they graffitti, but they can graffitti any type of fence can't they, at least you can paint over this fence.

other wise maybe cyclone fencing like they use in Darwin & mass vegetate to get your privacy, hedging,  golden canes, lilli pilli's  etc etc ???

Mackar

Profile photo of Zoe JonesZoe Jones
    @zoe-jones

Thanks guys,
    have to laugh at the electric fence (if only we could!). i think wood may be the way to go, i will get a quote done on that, it only has to be basic, not planning to hold it for very long. Someone suggested hedging to me, has anyone here tried that? I guess they could set it on fire, and rip it out if only small.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. If you don't have an account, you can register here.