All Topics / Heads Up! / Brisbane Property event

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Profile photo of Wendy ChamberlainWendy Chamberlain
    Participant
    @moorew

Hi all,

The response to our appearance on Hot Property has been amazing.  We have received dozens of emails asking when we will be coming to Brisbane.  So, now we are!

Our first Brisbane Property event will be held on 11 November from 2pm.  For details, go to http://www.affluencia.com.

Look forward to catching up with our northern neighbours!

Kind regards,
    Wendy

Wendy Chamberlain | Chamberlain Property Advocates
    https://www.wendychamberlain.com.au
    Email Me | Phone Me

Melbourne Buyers Agent & Sellers Advocate | Independent | Flat Fee

Profile photo of safeashousessafeashouses
    @safeashouses

What sort of cost to strata units?

Does anyone know what sort of cost is involved to strata units? I have investigated, say a block of 4 residential brick units that seem to be a good price if sold separately, but need to be strata'd. Why doesnt the vendor do it? There must be a catch, so they want to sell.

Profile photo of Richard TaylorRichard Taylor
    Participant
    @qlds007

Hi Thomas

This will depend on the local council authority and the age of the property.

The property will need to be surveyed and the application lodged to the local council who may approve it subject to conditions.
    Depending on the Building Act in your area you may find that you are not required to update the property i.e in Brisbane if the property is post the 1972 Building Act then it is an "As is" approval meaning that you do not have to comply with things such as height of balconies or fire proofing etc.

Once approval has been given and any work undertaken the Plan of Subdivision will need to be sealed and the registration lodged into the Titles office. The Body Corporate (subject to number of units in the block) may need to be formed.

All in all in is not a particularly costly process per unit but can take a while.

I have done over 50 blocks in Brisbane and the simple answer is that the average vendor does not have the desire or ability to want to strata title the property.

Richard Taylor | Australia's leading private lender

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. If you don't have an account, you can register here.