All Topics / Creative Investing / Strata vs community vs torrens

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Profile photo of barney2803barney2803
    Participant
    @barney2803

Hi,
    Can someone tell me if it is still possible for strata title a property as opposed to communtiy or torrens it?

I want to build 2 duplexes on one property and have the semi-detached. Is it possible to do this AND not have to do a full subdivision and gain separate titles?

I think it is possible, but someone in council is telling me that it is now not possible to put two dwellings on the one block unless they are either community or torrens titled.

any advice?

Profile photo of raddlesraddles
    @raddles

Hi there
    just in relation to your comments about Torrens title – that is the name of the system of registration rather than a separate title category
    as to whether you can strata or community title – I would think you do need to know Council requirements for the size of the area which can be strata titled – and if you are proposing to do a duplex I would think this is the appropriate title to be inquiring about
    community title is more for bigger developments which may also have different levels that need to be considered
    As it is not clear what state you are inquiring in, you do need to comply with zoning requirements in your area (as to whether you can have two dwellings on the same block of land).  If you are not sure, talk to a solicitor/conveyancer in your area.
    thanks

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. If you don't have an account, you can register here.