All Topics / General Property / capital growth on townhouses?

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Profile photo of mrpropertymrproperty
    @mrproperty

hi everyone , I was just wondering if anyone could give me some advice on capital growth on townhouses? ie I am looking at purchasing a townhouse around the Cheltenham area in Melbourne , I am thinking long term would I better of buying a house further out for the same amount of money , Would I expect to get the same capital growth buying a townhouse which is closer to the city or buy a house with a bit of land and buy further out ,any advice would be gratly appreciated , many thanx Hal

Profile photo of propertypowerpropertypower
    @propertypower

Hi Hal,
    It depends on how far is 'further out'. Cheltanham is a good suburb and a townhouse there should do well.

Profile photo of mrpropertymrproperty
    @mrproperty

thanx Nelson , I was going to put an offer on a townhouse today , but someone beat me to it , oh well will have to keep hunting

Profile photo of JONCHUJONCHU
    @jonchu

Normally, a town house would be cheaper to run, and attract a higher rent (if closer to the city). A house would have a higher capital growth due to the land content, remember land appreciates, building depreciates… Happy investing

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. If you don't have an account, you can register here.