All Topics / Help Needed! / Good ‘booming’ suburbs to buy in brisbane ???

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Profile photo of shel25shel25
    @shel25

Am interested to hear from anyone who has ideas or suggestions as to which are the best suburbs to buy around Brisbane city area? Am curious which areas are booming, particularly the areas within 8kms of the city, and am looking specifically for a queenslander or old cottage type home in need of repairs. Any thoughts welcome :) Thanks.

Profile photo of ducksterduckster
    Participant
    @duckster

Look in the back of Australian Property Investor magazine as it has a suburb profile of each state with the suburbs medium price growth rates. Also compare each month to see if suburb's growth rate is growing.

Profile photo of propertypowerpropertypower
    @propertypower

I have heard some positive things about Forest Lake and surrounding areas. What do people know/think about it?

Profile photo of bardonbardon
    Participant
    @bardon

top ranking qld suburbs for growth

1 Sandstone Point 2 Munruben 3 Pelican Waters 4 Sippy Downs 5 Doonan 6 Ningi 7 Twin Waters 8 Bellmere 9 Forest Lake 10 Murrumba Downs 11 Caloundra West 12 Peregian Beach 13 Parkwood 14 Sunrise Beach 15 Griffin 16 Noosaville 17 Morayfield 18 Samford Valley 19 Warner 20 Ormeau 21 Cashmere 22 Rothwell 23 Yaroomba 24 Pacific Paradise 25 Banksia Beach 26 Mudjimba 27 Heritage Park 28 Sinnamon Park 29 Parkinson 30 Marcoola 31 Macleay Island 32 Russell Island 33 Burpengary 34 Bulimba 35 Sunshine Beach 36 Cornubia 37 Upper Kedron 38 Fitzgibbon 39 Noosa Heads 40 Doolandella 41 Curra 42 Tallabudgera 43 Tanah Merah 44 Moffat Beach  45 Coolum Beach 46 Balmoral 47 Hawthorne 48 Arundel 49 Cooroy 50 Manly 51 Logan Village 52 Narangba 53 Wilston 54 Springfield 55 Tewantin 56 Yamanto 57 Clear Island Waters 58 Buderim 59 Alexandra Headland 60 Bongaree 61 Highgate Hill 62 Glass House Mountains 63 New Farm 64 Little Mountain 65 Aroona 66 Seven Hills 67 Currimundi 68 Bli Bli 69 Mermaid Beach 70 Cannon Hill 71 Newstead 72 North Lakes 73 Lota 74 Morningside 75 Sandgate 76 Scarborough 77 Gordon Park 78 Minyama 79 East Brisbane 80 West End 81 Wynnum 82 Woody Point 83 Bonogin 84 Grange 85 Bridgeman Downs 86 Newmarket 87 Mooloolah Valley 88 Palmwoods 89 Eight Mile Plains 90 Wooloowin 91 Windsor 92 Auchenflower 93 Kenmore Hills 94 Worongary 95 Graceville 96 Belmont 97 Coorparoo 98 Greenslopes 99 Deception Bay 100 Beachmere

Profile photo of millionsmillions
    Participant
    @millions

What do Brissie people think of above list?  Does anyone invest / live in these area's on the list and would like to comment?  I was suprised to not see Mt Gravatt and Beenleigh up there before some other suburbs.

Profile photo of BreakEvenBreakEven
    Participant
    @breakeven

City fringe areas have had good growth of late.
    Paddington has had a massive boom in the last 6 months.

Places like Russel Island have no road connection to the mainland, hence you can pick up land for next to nothing. They may have had growth, but I woulnt be rushing to buy land there unless there are plans to connect this island to the mainland.

Profile photo of Tysonboss1Tysonboss1
    Participant
    @tysonboss1

I don't think you can go wrong in the Bris Vegas market,….

Brisbane has really come of age in the last 8 years, I expect the that brisbane's growth will continue well into the future,

I favour investing in the northern suburbs along the bruce highway and gympie rd, South east areas out as far as redcliffe are also my favourite areas,

Profile photo of shel25shel25
    @shel25

Thanks everyone for the posts! > I have been looking at south/east areas like carina, camp hill, seven hills, morningside. Also looking at nth of city, I heard Kedron and Stafford are becoming increasingly popular… Have been researching like crazy on the suburbs around Brissy. I am interested to know the diff areas of Brisbane, for example…. In Adel, > far north and far south suburbs seem 'feral' to me, As does far west. East of the city is is much nicer.

Anyone have a general idea of the 'areas' of brisbane?  I heard Fortitude Valley area is where there are a lot of live bands/night life, but some crime? What are the 'posh' areas of Brisbane? thanks.

Profile photo of pamyjenpamyjen
    @pamyjen

TRY COOLUM BEACH 4573 !

Profile photo of Tysonboss1Tysonboss1
    Participant
    @tysonboss1

Fortitude valley ("the Valley")has become a pretty trendy area, good night life, I think one and two bedroom apartments will always rent well in that market,

I like the northern suburbs near the bruce highway like Bald Hills, Murrumba downs, Kallangur and mango hill because the highway upgrades in the last few years have made getting to the inner city much quicker and 30mins the other way up the free way and your in the sunshine coast, But I Have also invested near the train line in Petrie and Bray Park.

Profile photo of MichaelYardneyMichaelYardney
    Participant
    @michaelyardney

Parts of the Brisbane market are booming, but the stats won't reflect it yet – but our Brisbane office has noticed a huge surge in demand for owner occupiers and investors and good properties are selling within days of being put on the market and receiving multiple offer.

Brisbane has definitely shown good long term growth -in fact its been the best long-term performer in real estate among Australia’s capital cities.

Since 1970 (when you could buy a median price house for $8,500) it has averaged 11% growth each year.

This means over the past 35 years Brisbane prices have doubled every 6 years or so.

Of course the growth has not been even. There was a long period during the 90's when prices went nowhere despite strong populaltion growth.

But it has huge short term and long term growth potential. It's time to buy – but buy selectively While the official REIQ figures show that medium house prices have risen by 9.5% in the year to June, the Brisbane market, like most property markets around Australia, is running at two speeds.  Some suburbs, particularly those in the more affluent lifestyle regions or suburbs going through transition are out performing. While those suburbs that are traditionally where younger families or first home buyers live are languishing, as these areas are more affected by interest rates and petrol prices. "There are a handful of suburbs that had growth in excess of 20% and some in excess of 30% over the last twelve months. For example, Manly has had growth of 25.7%, Mt Gravatt has had 20% growth over the last year, Ash Grove (24.1%), Greenslopes (20%), Kelvin Grove (20.4%) and Belmont (32%) and Auchenflower (29.7%).  On the other hand there are many suburbs that have under performed with growth of 2%, 3% or 4% in the same time period. Currently owner occupiers and astute investors are all vying for the same small group of quality properties as they come onto the market and many are paying considerably above the asking price within days of the property becoming available.

Profile photo of bardonbardon
    Participant
    @bardon

Murrarie up 30% according to Domain and still some good buys there 9kms to city centre, next to gateway bridge and bridge duplication, gateway arterial, airport, train line, massive new light industrial and office complexes opening every week got to be a goer,  check out east of the hill you can get unitterupted city views never to be built out

Bulimba very high growth (I got 20% in 6 months) good for PPR pretty low yield for IP

Profile photo of keen askeen as
    @keen-as

one thing to know about murrarie is that there is an old and a new part to it – prices differ by $200 – $300K… this may warp stats. Having said that, the area has been very strong in the past 12 months.

there is a HEAP of development planned in the northern suburbs for many years to come. it seems to be the preferred location for large developers at the moment

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. If you don't have an account, you can register here.